I want a distro that has the following attributes:
- Supports my hardware with minimal tinkering (it's a laptop)
- Comes with very few packages preinstalled
- Does not involve lots of compiling
- easily supports 32bit programs like WINE, opera, java runtime, flash etc.
- doesn't require lots of tinkering
- Is well documented.
I recently tried ArchLinux and while I liked it a lot, I had significant difficulty getting those 32bit apps to run and I don't have the time to spend playing with an OS. So what OS should I use?