Debian 3.0 Helpful hints (Hopefully)
Debian 3.0 looks awsome. here are some issues that gave me problems and I hope to save someone else the same problems....
1) I could not run xwindows: fixed by running xf86config and changing mouse port to /dev/psaux
2) Dialup would keep closing connection. Configured file "myFile.net" containing "noauth" and then calling it in the dialer configuration "call myFile.net"
3) Cant access modem: Stock debian can only use 4 serial ports (ttyS0 - ttyS3) My modem was COM 5. Have to recompile kernel with module to allow more serial ports. maybe also have to ./MAKEDEV ttyS4 and then "chmod 666 /dev/ttyS4" and update serial configuration file. Not sure yet, am still working on this. Should have it soon.
4) problem building kernel "Debian way". Need to have package "kernel-package" (or something like that). Very POWERFUL and easy to make new kernel.
5) Does anyone know what package "falseroot" is in? thanks.
So far this Debial 3.0 very vice!