i used xfce4 desktop environment . today i try to change my language and when i adding a layout switcher to my panel suddenly all of desktop lock and don't work any thing ,so i reboot X (ctrl+alt+backspace). after this when i login xfce only xfcalender run (right click menu,panel,wall paper ,... don't appear! ) and if close calendar i have only a dark page with my mouse with no action !
i can run xfce4-panel and xfdesktop , ... from gnome but when i login gnome this message appear too:
Error activating XKB configuration.
It can happen under various circumstances:
- a bug in libxklavier library
- a bug in X server (xkbcomp, xmodmap utilities)
- X server with incompatible libxkbfile implementation
X server version data:
The X.Org Foundation
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/keyboard/kbd
how can i have xfce desktop again?
tanks for any help