LinuxQuestions.org
Visit the LQ Articles and Editorials section
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Desktop
User Name
Password
Linux - Desktop This forum is for the discussion of all Linux Software used in a desktop context.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
Lola Kews
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Posts: 432

Rep: Reputation: 37
System update not working, Error note:


Running SUSE Open 11.0.

In the status bar there is a yellow triangle where the update icon usually is. If I click on it and try to update the system I get the following note:
Error: Refresh failed. Error: Could not refresh repository "Desktop": Failed to cache repo (1). History:-

It hasn't been downloading any new patches.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this situation in detail, I'm not very computer knowledgeable.
 
Old 05-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
ronlau9
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2007
Location: In front of my LINUX OR MAC BOX
Distribution: Mandriva 2009 X86_64 suse 11.3 X86_64 Centos X86_64 Debian X86_64 Linux MInt 86_64 OS X
Posts: 2,369

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Well Quit the update reminder on the status bar and try to update using yast>software management>system update and see
what happens
 
Old 05-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Lola Kews
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Posts: 432

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlau9 View Post
Well Quit the update reminder on the status bar and try to update using yast>software management>system update and see
what happens
I did that and uploaded the latest (I think), however it would be nice if it was working correctly.
Do you have any idea what is wrong?
 
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
ronlau9
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2007
Location: In front of my LINUX OR MAC BOX
Distribution: Mandriva 2009 X86_64 suse 11.3 X86_64 Centos X86_64 Debian X86_64 Linux MInt 86_64 OS X
Posts: 2,369

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Kews View Post
I did that and uploaded the latest (I think), however it would be nice if it was working correctly.
Do you have any idea what is wrong?
Why I really do not know .
But I know that happens more than once
Me myself I do not like the auto update it slows down youŕe system while it is working .
I always update manually
 
Old 05-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Lola Kews
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Posts: 432

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlau9 View Post
Why I really do not know .
But I know that happens more than once
Me myself I do not like the auto update it slows down youŕe system while it is working .
I always update manually
Well I guess I can live with it till the next version comes along.
Thanks for the help.
 
Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
ronlau9
Senior Member
 
Registered: Dec 2007
Location: In front of my LINUX OR MAC BOX
Distribution: Mandriva 2009 X86_64 suse 11.3 X86_64 Centos X86_64 Debian X86_64 Linux MInt 86_64 OS X
Posts: 2,369

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Kews View Post
Well I guess I can live with it till the next version comes along.
Thanks for the help.
Well opensuse 11.1 is of course all ready out.
As a test I also use opensuse11.2 milestone1 .
For a beta1 version it works good
Of course can not use it on a production machine
And if I look to the option one good option is back namely that you can safe
the patches to update a other computer without downloading again
As a old suse user my overall opinion Good Old Suse is Back

Last edited by ronlau9; 05-04-2009 at 03:45 PM.
 
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
Lola Kews
Member
 
Registered: May 2004
Posts: 432

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlau9 View Post
Well opensuse 11.1 is of course all ready out.
As a test I also use opensuse11.2 milestone1 .
For a beta1 version it works good
Of course can not use it on a production machine
And if I look to the option one good option is back namely that you can safe
the patches to update a other computer without downloading again
As a old suse user my overall opinion Good Old Suse is Back
I believe I will download the 11.1 version and install it in place of the 11.0 version. Thanks.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error messages after system update Ubuntu 8.04 jgz Ubuntu 1 06-03-2008 03:41 PM
error message where i tried update a system debianlam Linux - Software 1 05-09-2008 07:45 AM
Update error 10.2, 10.3 A Zen not working captaintrips Suse/Novell 3 03-10-2007 12:47 PM
System update in 10.1 error leupi Suse/Novell 1 08-02-2006 12:17 AM
yum error, can't update system simeandrews Fedora 8 09-01-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration