First off I didn't mean in any way to try to hijack your thread... Just collaborate.
I was able to fix my Locale problem
... And now all fonts are printed correctly in console... I am using Debian's locale-gen.
# Based upon Debian's locale-gen
# locale-gen config file which contains my locale's settings, bypassing my /etc/profile
# OpenRc 0.5.0 function.sh
I had borrowed this idea from a Gentoo setup, I only browsed the code briefly, & since I had installed Roy Marple's OpenRc 0.5.0 onto my CLFS box, I felt that this should work nicely; since I notice in the code that locale-gen was pointing correctly to my /etc/init.d/function.sh ...
Now I no that most function.sh's are standard ( I think
), but they are usually in a separate directory dependent on which baselayout is used.
If you are interested in using this solution, I can upload the files and a readme to my mediafire account, so you can download, and view the source, and point to the correct function.sh or any other adjustment.
Now all of my locales are set correctly, and all dialog windows, and console output appear correctly.