problem with setxkbmap versus xmodmap
I am running into a problem with setxkbmap and xmodmap not "playing" well together.
I am using kde, and I am using three different keyboard layouts, using KDE language icon. That icon is basically a front end to setxkbd.
In addition to that, I have a multimedia keyboard. Virtually all of the tutorials on the net show you how to use xmodmap to set up your multimedia keys, and how to make your .xmodmap file load on startup, one way or another.
When I log in to kde the first time, everything works fine. The lanuage used is my default language, and the multimedia keys work. The problem starts as soon as I change languages. Once I change languages, the multimedia keys stop working. I think it's because setxkbmap overrides any previous changes that were made by xmodmap.
I find this problem very annoying, and no matter how hard I googled for a solution, no luck yet.