openSUSE 11.3 with KDE 4.4 - Panel and desktop configurations
I have 2 machines and i configured one how i like it to look. i.e desktop configurations including panels and etc.
What i want to do now is it to import all the DESKTOP-display settings from one machine to the other laptop i.e. same desktop environment including all the panels with all the shortcut.
Does anyone know, if i can do it or do i have to manually configure everything again.
is it possible or not ?
at least it good to know if not possible at all.
Thanks for your help.
Look in the .kde4/share/ directory. For items in the desktop view, look at the *.desktop files in your Desktop directory.
got it working ,....
thought just to let others know.
- machine on which panel is configured open the following file in text editor:
- search for plugin=panel, there will be presence of this as many panels you have.
- read the number next to [Containment][xx]
- Copy all the configurations related to the that particular containment
- paste that to the same file on the other machine before [General] (towards the end of file)
- save the changes,
- open Konsole and change user to root user and issue command
- restart x server by pressing ctrl+ alt + backspace TWICE
- login as standard user and panel will be there,...
it may not be positioned correctly which is minor tweak in panel settings.
Shortcuts of the apps/widgets on this panel should refer to the apps and widgets if they exist on this machine.
thanks for everyone who had at least a thought about this question for 1 sec even.. :)
this post can be marked as solved... thanks
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.|