I have just installed OB..I was going through Urukrama's Guide and the OB webpage for hints on setting it up..I have installed a lot of apps for trying each one ..I have the following setup
1.Sabayon 5.5 LXDE / OB
2.Lxpanel,Gnome-panel,tint2 for a basic taskbar/panel
3.Docky,Cairo-Dock,AWN,adeskbar for cute looking docklets
4.Xcompmgr,Compiz for extra fx
5.obconf,obmenu,menumaker for menu generation
6.Nitrogen , feh for wallpapers
7.Gtk-chtheme , Gtk-theme-switch
Currently I have decided on one among the above namely Gnome-Panel,Cairo-Dock,obconf,menumaker ,nitrogen ,gtk-theme-switch
I am unable to resolve
1. Compiz ---I tried running compiz --replace and relogging in , nothing happens .
2. Xcompmgr ---This brings up a grey solid ugly screen and I do not know how to blend it with my existing wallpaper.However the docks get fired up
3. Reg the Dock , how do I go about?
4. Also the docks at the bottom (dunno which one) has a black rectangle..I want to enable autohide and transparent..Also some docklets do not trigger the application
5. I am also confused as to how to change the themes..Suppose I download a Gtk theme ...I log in to Gtk-theme-switch 2 , on selection of the file (tar.bz2 or gz) --It gives the error'Not a valid tar file"...But If I am not mistaken these are zipped tar files right?..I am however able to change window border colors from obconf...If I want to change Icons/Cursor/Themes/sounds etc what is to be done?
I have Nvidia GeoForceFx 4200 card
Pl help me on the above..
Last edited by vikrang; 04-18-2011 at 02:53 AM.