I have updated from Karmic Koala to Lucid Lynx and I found that the new version of Nautilus has not the Unmount option from the context menu, only "safely remove"....
I looked other forums and it seems that it was intentionally removed
from Nautilus changelog:
* Mon Apr 26 2010 Tomas Bzatek <email@example.com> - 2.30.1-2
- Do not show Unmount when showing Eject/Safe removal
As of nautilus-2.30.1-2, the Unmount option was removed. You could always unmount it from a terminal command line if you really need to.
however it was a very useful option, e.g.
- when I connect my creative zen, I need to unmount it for gnomad be able to transfer files, the "safely remove" option unmount it but also switch off the power.
- when I want to burn a CD with xfburn, same thing... and the "eject" option actually eject the disc... so I can't burn it.
- Using my external hard drive I like to have it unmounted, this way nautilus don't mess with it every time I open nautilus. But when I want the hdd, it is on "places" so with one clic I can re-mount it.
Note: I know I can unmount from cli, but I was used to the "unmount" option and I wish to get it back