LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Desktop (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/)
-   -   kSysGuard shows blank graphs (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/ksysguard-shows-blank-graphs-4175454604/)

Geremia 03-18-2013 10:41 PM

kSysGuard shows blank graphs
 
My KDE 4.10.1 (and also 4.9.x) ksysguard displays blank time-series graphs for CPU, memory, and network usage. Why? I've tried deleting the config files in ~/.kde/ , but perhaps I didn't delete the correct ones.

thanks

UPDATE: I deleted everything in ~/.kde/ containing ksysguard, but it still shows a blank graphs.

Geremia 03-28-2013 12:51 AM

bump
 
bump

frankbell 03-28-2013 09:08 PM

What distro/version of Linux?

I have an idea for testing. I'm not optimistic, but it's worth a shot: Try starting ksysguard from a terminal; perhaps it will throw some error messages that help.

Geremia 03-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 4920828)
What distro/version of Linux?

Slack 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 4920828)
I have an idea for testing. I'm not optimistic, but it's worth a shot: Try starting ksysguard from a terminal; perhaps it will throw some error messages that help.

I tried that, but no errors were output.

frankbell 03-29-2013 09:32 PM

Drat!

Ksysguard works for me on Slackware Current with Enlightenment 17 as my DE, not that I use it all that often.

Try this test; it may get us forwarder.

As root, create a new user with useradd.

Log out as you and log back in as new user, then test ksysguard. If it works, the problem has been narrowed to your user configuration. If not, it is clearly some larger issue.

Geremia 04-21-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 4921384)
Drat!

Ksysguard works for me on Slackware Current with Enlightenment 17 as my DE, not that I use it all that often.

Try this test; it may get us forwarder.

As root, create a new user with useradd.

Log out as you and log back in as new user, then test ksysguard. If it works, the problem has been narrowed to your user configuration. If not, it is clearly some larger issue.

No, even with a new user the problem still persists… any other suggestions? thanks

frankbell 04-21-2013 08:27 PM

I just checked. It still works for me.

I have two ideas, but they are really really long shots.

If you haven't tried this already, try starting it as root from a terminal. If it works, there may be some weird group membership issue with user.

Try running gkrellm (I think it comes included with Slackware). See whether it has a similar problem desplaying system information. It monitors many of the same processes as Ksysguard.

This link indicates that it's included.

Geremia 04-22-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 4936085)
If you haven't tried this already, try starting it as root from a terminal. If it works, there may be some weird group membership issue with user.

"sudo ksysguard" produces the same issue…
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankbell (Post 4936085)
Try running gkrellm (I think it comes included with Slackware). See whether it has a similar problem desplaying system information. It monitors many of the same processes as Ksysguard.

ldd on gkrellm returns: libsensors.so.4 => not found
However, ksysguard doesn't use libsensors, but perhaps one of its libraries does…

Geremia 04-22-2013 06:58 PM

So, I installed "lm_sensors-3.3.2-x86_64-1" and that fixed everything!

frankbell 04-22-2013 09:10 PM

Cool!

Thanks for posting the outcome. It may help someone else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.