KDE panel menu highlight speed
I'm using Linux Mint 16 KDE at the moment, and I have almost everything the way I want except for one thing.
Some KDE plasma widgets (eg. Lancelot Launcher and System Tray) in the panel produce a popup menu, and when the mouse is moved over each menu item a translucent highlight follows the mouse, highlighting the menu item that the mouse is over. The problem is that the mouse tracking is very slow, so that, for example, if the mouse pointer is moved from the top menu item to the bottom item, the highlighting lags way behind the mouse, slowly highlighting each item in turn until it eventually gets to the hovered item. I would like to either speed up the mouse tracking or get rid of the highlighting altogether.
Things I've tried:
- adjusting the Desktop Effects speed - this does not affect the panel widget menus.
- changing plasma themes - the menu item highlighting, and the slowness of it, is the same in every theme that I've tested.
- hunting through every system setting I can find
- searching the web - apparently nobody else is bothered by this
- search this forum - ditto
Any help appreciated.