LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Desktop (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/)
-   -   Install DigiChat For VPs Linux (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/install-digichat-for-vps-linux-821533/)

aliforever 07-22-2010 12:06 PM

Install DigiChat For VPs Linux
 
Hi . My Friends I Want To Install DigiChat 4 On My VPs Linux . Can anyone Here To Help Me How Can I Install Digichat ? Thanks

TB0ne 07-22-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4042120)
Hi . My Friends I Want To Install DigiChat 4 On My VPs Linux . Can anyone Here To Help Me How Can I Install Digichat ? Thanks

Yes, you contact DigiChat technical support, and they give you what you need. This is a commercial product, and as such, you pay for it (and support).

Also, from what I've ready, DigiChat doesn't support virtual servers.

aliforever 07-23-2010 02:48 AM

Ok . How Can I Contact DigiChat Technical Support ? And I Saw In Many Rooms That They ToldDigiChat Is Better On Linux .

TB0ne 07-23-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4042735)
Ok . How Can I Contact DigiChat Technical Support ? And I Saw In Many Rooms That They ToldDigiChat Is Better On Linux .

Great...then those "many rooms" should have mentioned Google. Look them up.

aliforever 07-27-2010 04:05 AM

Look I Want Help From You Not DigiChat Supports . I Want To Know How To Install DigiChat On Linux . I Think I Should Convert It To Console Mode . If Anyone Know PLZ Help .

TB0ne 07-27-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4046615)
Look I Want Help From You Not DigiChat Supports . I Want To Know How To Install DigiChat On Linux . I Think I Should Convert It To Console Mode . If Anyone Know PLZ Help .

Spell your words out.

Again, since you missed it in my first reply. DigiChat is a commercial product. Since you've purchased it, you've paid for their support. Call them if you have problems or questions.

aliforever 07-30-2010 11:55 AM

I Found The Install_chatmaster.bin
I Upload It To My Root .
Linux Instructions:

Instructions
o After downloading open a shell and, cd to the directory where you downloaded the installer.
o At the prompt type: sh ./Install_ChatMaster.bin


Notes
o A Java virtual machine is included with this download. It will be run automatically when you run the shell script.

I Did These . But When I Type This in the shell sh ./Install_ChatMaster.bin It Say:
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

./Install_ChatMaster.bin: /tmp/install.dir.29638/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java:
/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
What Should I Do . Permission Denied - How Can I Correct This ?

TB0ne 07-31-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4050231)
I Found The Install_chatmaster.bin
I Upload It To My Root .
Linux Instructions:

Instructions
o After downloading open a shell and, cd to the directory where you downloaded the installer.
o At the prompt type: sh ./Install_ChatMaster.bin


Notes
o A Java virtual machine is included with this download. It will be run automatically when you run the shell script.

I Did These . But When I Type This in the shell sh ./Install_ChatMaster.bin It Say:
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

./Install_ChatMaster.bin: /tmp/install.dir.29638/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java:
/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
What Should I Do . Permission Denied - How Can I Correct This ?

Two things you need to do:
  • Be sure to run that program as root
  • AGAIN....CALL DIGICHAT...again this is a COMMERCIAL PRODUCT that you are PAYING FOR. Get support from the vendor!!!!
]

aliforever 08-01-2010 02:35 AM

I Am Sure That DigiChat Is Running In Root . But I Cannot Contact DigiChat Support . What Is The Meaning Of This . How Can I Do This I mean TMP Folder . Please Teach Beginner To Me Because I Am Beginner In VPS linux .
Running the digichat installer binary Install_DigiChat.bin gives the following error:

Launching installer ./Install_DigiChat.bin: /tmp/install.dir.9155/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Solution
If the digichat installer Install_DigiChat.bin gives the above error while installing via ssh, this is because /tmp is set to noexec (/tmp is noexec by default for security reasons). However, it should be possible to install DigiChat without having to remove the noexec on /tmp. All you need is a temporary folder for the DigiChat installer. So simply do an export TMPDIR=/tmp_logroate in the bash screen where you are running the installation script. If /tmp_logrotate does not exist, then create a temporary folder to which you assign 777 permissions and then do an export pointing TMPDIR to that folder.

Then run the following:
./Install_DigiChat.bin -i console
and finish the installation.

If you wish to install digichat to some folder you wish, say, /home/username/www, you can use this while installing:
./Install_DigiChat.bin -i console /home/username/www/

TB0ne 08-01-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4051455)
I Am Sure That DigiChat Is Running In Root . But I Cannot Contact DigiChat Support.

Oh?? WHY can't you contact DigiChat support, when you're already paying for it???
Quote:

What Is The Meaning Of This . How Can I Do This I mean TMP Folder . Please Teach Beginner To Me Because I Am Beginner In VPS linux .
Running the digichat installer binary Install_DigiChat.bin gives the following error:

Launching installer ./Install_DigiChat.bin: /tmp/install.dir.9155/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

Solution
If the digichat installer Install_DigiChat.bin gives the above error while installing via ssh, this is because /tmp is set to noexec (/tmp is noexec by default for security reasons). However, it should be possible to install DigiChat without having to remove the noexec on /tmp. All you need is a temporary folder for the DigiChat installer. So simply do an export TMPDIR=/tmp_logroate in the bash screen where you are running the installation script. If /tmp_logrotate does not exist, then create a temporary folder to which you assign 777 permissions and then do an export pointing TMPDIR to that folder.

Then run the following:
./Install_DigiChat.bin -i console
and finish the installation.

If you wish to install digichat to some folder you wish, say, /home/username/www, you can use this while installing:
./Install_DigiChat.bin -i console /home/username/www/
You posted the solution. Did you not read it???
Quote:

All you need is a temporary folder for the DigiChat installer. So simply do an export TMPDIR=/tmp_logroate in the bash screen where you are running the installation script. If /tmp_logrotate does not exist, then create a temporary folder to which you assign 777 permissions and then do an export pointing TMPDIR to that folder.
So, as it says:
  • Create a folder
  • Run "chmod 777 <whatever folder you created>"
  • Type in "export TMPDIR=<whatever folder name you created>"
  • Put software into that folder.
  • Run it.
That's it. Read the instructions, follow them. You need to CALL support, and ask them these questions. This is a COMMERCIAL product, supported by the vendor.

aliforever 08-05-2010 01:28 PM

Thanks For Your Answers . My Problem Resolved .

TB0ne 08-05-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliforever (Post 4057104)
Thanks For Your Answers . My Problem Resolved .

Great...since you came to the community for answers, how about posting the solution, so others can benefit from it?

TB0ne 12-09-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxcorrosionxx (Post 4185671)
You all need some serious help with a proper installing of DigiChat v4.0.3.1. Let us master's teach you how to install a linux based DigiChat server on you're windows or linux vps.

First you will need to head on over to hood-flow.com/forum.php.
Second you will need to register because if you do not register there is no way you can view the tutorials.

Third might i suggest posting 10 legit digichat threads, it doesn't have to be tutorials, if you have icons, emotions, themes, sounds, patches, security for the chat or even know some other tricks post them because they will not help without a post count of 10.

Once that is done, go and ask you're question, once you ask it they will answer it. These people are impressively smart at the whole digichat thing. The Administrator answered mine is less then a day. I went to sleep, awoke the next morning, and my server was up thanks to him, it was really impressive.

Did you bother to read the OP's posts? Specifically, the part where they say they got the problems resolved, and got things installed? And since the OP can call Digichat directly, why would they need to bother with some third-party site, and make 10 useless posts, to be able to ask a question?

Seems very much like a spam thread, and reported as such.

TB0ne 12-10-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxcorrosionxx (Post 4186779)
It's a shame that DigiNet chat servers are unprotected. I have wpe pro filters that can penetrate there java packets. You need chat patches that hood-flow has to protect yourself. So you are paying for a $500.00 dollar chat when it's unprotected. That is a very smart move i congratulate you on your ignorance. So, the reason why i submitted that url ( hood-flow.com/forum.php ) is because they can show you how to secure it for free.

Now that you have more information on the actual product you can go see for your self.

I've got plenty of information on the product, thanks. And if these 'patches' are worth anything, they'll be available through Digichat, to address security concerns. Why, exactly, would anyone trust an unknown third-party for a 'security patch'? Seems far more likely that the 'patch' would OPEN a security hole, so that the third-party could compromise the victims server much easier.

Unless I see a reference from Digichat that says "hey, go to site xxx and load this, it addresses a security problem", I'd not touch it (or your site), for any reason.

TB0ne 12-11-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxcorrosionxx (Post 4187661)
You do know what a patch is right? It is an update to the pre-existing version. Diginet get's hacked all the time, that's why we have patches just for the special occasion. Im not going to sit here and debate with you about security and "third party clients". Which for one it isn't a third party client ;) It replaces the server.zip inside digichat source files. Let me give you a demo of what the patch does and then you can come back and tell me im wrong once again "smh".

Demo of a patched chat: http://www.hood-flow.com/chat.html

They are updating at the moment.

Still missing the point??? Let me be more clear, since you're not paying attention:
  • You are NOT Digichat
  • You do not WORK for Digichat
  • Since both are true, that makes you a third-party
  • There is NO WAY anyone with any sense would load something from an unknown source, when all we've got is your WORD that it's a 'good' thing
  • You SAY that Digichat's get hacked all the time? Really? By whom? And what proof can you offer that YOU are posting a solution, rather than a piece of compromised software that serves YOUR purpose?
Once again, you are, essentially, posting spam links, and have been reported as such. If you have a REAL solution, then post it here. Otherwise, you're doing nothing but advertising your website, and posting links to unknown/untrusted software.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.