Originally Posted by kaz2100
1. Skype: can you post a little more detail?
2. root login: type root when login message shows up. (command line) some GUI login do not accept root login, you have to "su".
3. tar: man tar will tell you.
4. rpm: it has been long since I used last time. so somebody else can help.
5. bin: often sh foo.bin. but check manual!!
6. payment: It depends on whatever you did.
7. Have a happy Penguin!
hi thanks for the reply. i have downloaded skype and it seems to be installed ok. when i plug in the phone all i get is voip-phone on the display. using the buttons on the phone does no good. i use this phone on another machine with no problem. i am using the gnome desktop. skype is to be found in applications, internet, more programs. i have a shortcut on the desktop. on my xp machine i had to run skypemate as well as skype to get skype running. i have downloaded skypemate from the skypemate site the program memo says zip file for fedora core3 support usb-p1k & usb-b2k. i downloaded skypemate to the desktop. when the download is complete i clicked on open and get a window open with install-skypemate.zip when i click on extract. i extract onto the desktop. when i click extract i get a window from the desktop. when i click on install-skypemate on the desktop i get a software installer error the message is "you must have superuser privileges to install local packages"
i hope this all means something as it means little to me until i learn more.
give someone a smile and it's free