Help installing small distro without cd.
I am trying to install a small, minimalistic distro on my computer. I like Bodhi linux, but DSL or any other very lightweight distro will do. However, there are a couple of problems:
1) I am trying to install on a Dell Dimension 4600 with 512MB ram (it's almost 10 years old now).
2) (Both) CD drives are broken (I don't have any other desktops to get one from).
3) I do not think that the BIOS supports booting from a USB device (or, at least, I have been unsuccesful with it).
There are, however, a couple of things that may work in my favor:
1) It has an internet connection.
2) It currently dual boots between Windows XP and Xubuntu.
I used the Wubi installer to get Xubuntu on this machine, however, I would like to get rid of Windows and have just Linux (like I said, a small, lightweight distro).
Xubuntu is OK, but it is a bit too bloated (the Wubi installer offered no options but the full desktop install).
Is there any way I can install (hopefully Bodhi, or) another lightweight distro on here?
If not, at the very least, how can I remove all extra software and just have the bare bones Xubuntu core?
Any input would be appreciated, thank you all for your help.
Last edited by moosejc; 06-02-2013 at 03:55 PM.