I have some Linux experience before, (successfully) installing Debian and CentOS system.
I have recently installed Fedora 12 64 bit on my system and am very disappointed.
the system is very slow and buggy.
I dual boot Fedora and Win7 and I don't have as many problems there(ie no dual head problem, and saving image works immediately .
I have disabled programs like bluetooth from startup but it didn't change anything.
my main complaints:
1. System boot (or any program) takes a long time (~3 mins for system, and about 30 seconds for any program) to load until I am able to use it properly.
2. Nautulis/thunar randomly crash or don't display folder contents.
3. When saving a document or image under firefox - firefox (or the program I'm using) hangs (see picture).
4. I have a dual-head setup, and it is impossible for me to view movies on the right screen as at the half screen I get a blank (see picture). It is noticeable that the orange VLC cone doesn't come up, but it is there.
5. Any 3d acceleration (compiz,screensaver)crashes my setup. The wierd thing is if I use a knoppix cd the computer is super fast with 3d acceleration working.
if needed, I will provide more info.