LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Desktop (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/)
-   -   e17: EFL's are built/installed but e17-svn complains no liblua.so (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/e17-efls-are-built-installed-but-e17-svn-complains-no-liblua-so-748017/)

Sum1 08-16-2009 09:30 PM

e17: EFL's are built/installed but e17-svn complains no liblua.so
 
My distribution is Slackware 12.2

I have built and installed all the latest enlightenment foundation libraries from svn at enlightenment.org.

./autogen.sh e17-svn is successful with no errors.

But ~$make install ends with:

gcc: /usr/lib/liblua.so: No such file or directory

and quits with error.

But I do in fact have liblua.so and it is in /usr/lib

Can't figure out what to do to complete the install.

Thanks for your time and help.

jschiwal 08-16-2009 10:52 PM

Is your slackware install for 64 bit or 32 bit? Some distro's use /lib64 and /lib whereas other use /lib & /lib32.

More likely is that when you installed the liblua package, the installer didn't run depmod -a for some reason.
You can do this yourself with "sudo /sbin/depmod -a". This will build a database of libraries that the ld loader uses.

Another possibility is that while liblua.so exists, it is a broken symbolic link, or it links to the wrong version.

Also check the install log from when you ran "./configure". If you had an initial unsuccessful attempt, start over with "make clean" (or maybe "make distclean" to clean out the intermediate files.

Sum1 08-17-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jschiwal (Post 3646000)
Is your slackware install for 64 bit or 32 bit? Some distro's use /lib64 and /lib whereas other use /lib & /lib32.

More likely is that when you installed the liblua package, the installer didn't run depmod -a for some reason.
You can do this yourself with "sudo /sbin/depmod -a". This will build a database of libraries that the ld loader uses.

Another possibility is that while liblua.so exists, it is a broken symbolic link, or it links to the wrong version.

Also check the install log from when you ran "./configure". If you had an initial unsuccessful attempt, start over with "make clean" (or maybe "make distclean" to clean out the intermediate files.

Thanks for the response, Jschiwal.
I'm using 32-bit slackware.
Going to try depmod right now --- uggh, did not work.
I think I'll go back and uninstall lua, then reinstall with make clean checkups along the way.

Thanks again for the thoughtful response.

bathory 08-17-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

But ~$make install ends with:

gcc: /usr/lib/liblua.so: No such file or directory
It looks like you're running "make install" as normal user. You have to su to root in order to run "make install".

Sum1 08-17-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bathory (Post 3646078)
It looks like you're running "make install" as normal user. You have to su to root in order to run "make install".

This could be, but I'm almost certain I was root at the time.
Tried it several different times and I tend to check myself alot when moving/installing things. Many "pwd" and "whoami" check-ups.

I'll try again this evening when home from work.

Thanks for your time, Mr. Bathory.

fhteagle 08-24-2009 06:28 PM

Found the answer in the Google Code pages for ReasyE17... see Aug 17th comment at the bottom of its wiki page

a "sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-dev" fixed it right up for me... using UbuntuStudio Jaunty (with a few Karmic elements in the mix) and easy_e17.sh ...

UPDATE: switched to deb packages from packages.enlightenment.org, and these svn 41533 packages seem to work well... even the ecomorph-e17 set!

fhteagle 08-24-2009 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhteagle (Post 3656119)
Found the answer in the Google Code pages for ReasyE17... see Aug 17th comment at the bottom of its wiki page

a "sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-dev" fixed it right up for me... using UbuntuStudio Jaunty (with a few Karmic elements in the mix) and easy_e17.sh ...

now back to troubleshooting ecomorph-e17 module...

This is the url, now that the forums should let me post links...

http://code.google.com/p/e17mods/wiki/ReasyE17


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.