LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux Deepin (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-deepin-101/)
-   -   Minor observation (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-deepin-101/minor-observation-4175437296/)

Maikl 11-15-2012 12:09 PM

Minor observation
 
When shutting down the LiveCD there doesn't appear to be any instruction to press any key to complete shutdown after disk ejected. If amended it might save newbs such as myself sitting there wondering what's (not) happening.

Minor point, I still like this distro.

Ztcoracat 11-23-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maikl (Post 4830170)
When shutting down the LiveCD there doesn't appear to be any instruction to press any key to complete shutdown after disk ejected. If amended it might save newbs such as myself sitting there wondering what's (not) happening.

Minor point, I still like this distro.

I agree amending would be helpful. I too encountered the same after installing a distro.

What if anything do you propose for the amending part?

I could be wrong Maikl; but I (think) that only a Linux Distribution Developer or a Software Developer would be the one to solve this issue as it (the message to shutdown) would have to be written within the Live Cd's programming.

Next time I see the Software Developer I'm acquainted with I'll ask him about this.

Maikl 11-23-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ztcoracat (Post 4835584)
What if anything do you propose for the amending part?

All I can suggest is that you run a Linux Mint LiveCD then shut it down, you'll see an instruction to remove the DVD and then press Enter, this completes the shutdown.

Not an issue for experienced Linux users but if I hadn't previously tried Linux Mint I'd still be sat there waiting for shutdown to end.

Hopefully it's only a minor issue to amend it.

Keep up the good work with Limux Deepin!

Ztcoracat 11-24-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maikl (Post 4835665)
All I can suggest is that you run a Linux Mint LiveCD then shut it down, you'll see an instruction to remove the DVD and then press Enter, this completes the shutdown.

Not an issue for experienced Linux users but if I hadn't previously tried Linux Mint I'd still be sat there waiting for shutdown to end.

Hopefully it's only a minor issue to amend it.

Keep up the good work with Limux Deepin!

Not sure if we should write to The Linux Foundation; Canonical or Linux Mint-?
Maybe others within this forum could advise on this-

About Linux Deepin I had a good conversation with one of their editors and I must say she was very good at what she does for Linux Deepin.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.