LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Certification (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-certification-46/)
-   -   Details on registration for RHCSA / RHCE certification exam (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-certification-46/details-on-registration-for-rhcsa-rhce-certification-exam-943104/)

silverstone 05-03-2012 09:42 AM

Details on registration for RHCSA / RHCE certification exam
 
Hello,

I have been inquiring about registration for RHCSA / RHCE certification exam in various centers in and around Mumbai, India.

Its seems that there is a scheme going on currently (upto 31st May) where you get second chance in case you failed at first attempt. The cost of both papers totaled is Rs. 20000 (Currency: INR).

At one center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 flat for registering for the exam.

At another center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 for exam + Rs. 3000 for the redhat books. which contains the vocher. The person at the center also said that I can also bring some friend's redhat book, since they only require to show it to them (who?:confused:), so i won't have to pay Rs. 3000 for the book.

The first center didn't even mentioned about the book or the voucher.

Guys (preferably from India, since they can comment on price), Is 3000 the price of the books? Do i have to buy those books for registering? Is it possible to bring some friend's books and show it to them?

Thanks,
Silverstone

acid_kewpie 05-03-2012 09:51 AM

this might be of interest... http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...really-932860/

silverstone 05-03-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acid_kewpie (Post 4669480)

Thanks chris, I contacted the OP of the thread you mentioned. Waiting for his feedback.

deep27ak 05-03-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverstone (Post 4669473)

At one center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 flat for registering for the exam.

At another center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 for exam + Rs. 3000 for the redhat books. which contains the vocher. The person at the center also said that I can also bring some friend's redhat book, since they only require to show it to them (who?:confused:), so i won't have to pay Rs. 3000 for the book.

Rs.20,000?? Only for the examination or it was including the training+Certification cost?
Which center you contacted in Mumbai? I don't believe the certification would cost that much but yes I have heard by members here that Institutes are asking about the Red hat books for some voucher printed at the back side.

silverstone 05-04-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep27ak (Post 4669910)
Rs.20,000?? Only for the examination or it was including the training+Certification cost?
Which center you contacted in Mumbai? I don't believe the certification would cost that much but yes I have heard by members here that Institutes are asking about the Red hat books for some voucher printed at the back side.

Yes, 10000 for each. I have contacted Ultramax Infonet as per mentioned in RedHat web page http://www.apac.redhat.com/training/india/schedule.php (although this page looks old, since it mentions RHCE & RHCT)
They said 20,000 for both + 3,000 for redhat books. Or just 20,000, if i bring the book from someone.

Also contacted Ltcert (http://ltcert.com/) in Thane, they just said 20,000 (no mention of the books).

deep27ak 05-04-2012 02:24 AM

Well I will get back on this one once I get in touch with institutes here as i am also planning to take the certification.

silverstone 05-07-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep27ak (Post 4670021)
Well I will get back on this one once I get in touch with institutes here as i am also planning to take the certification.

Did you got any information about it?

deep27ak 05-07-2012 04:32 AM

Yes I contacted few institutes here as well and everyone is same, Redhat has increased the certfication charge and along with it institutes are asking for the vouchers of red hat book.

That means first of all we need to undergo the training program and after that pay for the exam Rs 12000 + 20,000=Rs 32,000
I am not sure if it is so then I am doing any certification, not at least now. I might decide in future according to situations.

silverstone 05-07-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deep27ak (Post 4672204)
Yes I contacted few institutes here as well and everyone is same, Redhat has increased the certfication charge and along with it they are asking for the vouchers of red hat book.

That means first of all we need to undergo the training program and after that pay for the exam Rs 12000 + 20,000=Rs 32,000
I am not sure if it is so then I am doing any certification, not at least now. I might decide in future according to situations.

Thanks deepak,
I also have contacted few other institutes, any everyone is the same. Guess I have to now pay up for that, coz I am in desperate need for RHCE certification.
Thanks for help.

manish.chandra 06-02-2012 12:06 AM

Exam fee is 20000...plus books fee is 4500..it is compulsory because forms at the end of book needs to be submitted in exam hall
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverstone (Post 4669473)
Hello,

I have been inquiring about registration for RHCSA / RHCE certification exam in various centers in and around Mumbai, India.

Its seems that there is a scheme going on currently (upto 31st May) where you get second chance in case you failed at first attempt. The cost of both papers totaled is Rs. 20000 (Currency: INR).

At one center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 flat for registering for the exam.

At another center, they said to pay Rs. 20000 for exam + Rs. 3000 for the redhat books. which contains the vocher. The person at the center also said that I can also bring some friend's redhat book, since they only require to show it to them (who?:confused:), so i won't have to pay Rs. 3000 for the book.

The first center didn't even mentioned about the book or the voucher.

Guys (preferably from India, since they can comment on price), Is 3000 the price of the books? Do i have to buy those books for registering? Is it possible to bring some friend's books and show it to them?

Thanks,
Silverstone


silverstone 06-02-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manish.chandra (Post 4693606)
Exam fee is 20000...plus books fee is 4500..it is compulsory because forms at the end of book needs to be submitted in exam hall

Hi manish,
Congratulations for your success.
May I ask from where (institute & place) did you gave your exam?
I have also give the exam on 29th May, but couldn't clear the RHCE part.

manish.chandra 06-03-2012 08:34 AM

Thnx.. I did my certification with the help of guys in Linux lab in pune...they have been very supporting and are cray and desperate linux troubleshooter....Linux lab is located in FC road in pune


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.