GeneralThis forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
PLEASE NOTE: All LQ Rules apply to the General forum. Flame wars, personal attacks, hostility, insults and behavior of that nature will not be tolerated. Differing opinions are one of the things that make this site great, but to benefit from differing opinions the discourse must happen respectfully and thoughtfully... without insult or personal attack. Members who are unable or unwilling to participate in General under those parameters will not be permitted to do so. If you see behavior of this nature please report it.
1. Something Positive--WARNING: Material may be offensive to people without a sense of humor or who do not like amorphous cats.
2. Queen Of Wands--Is it wrong to think a webcomic charachter is hot?
3. Ctrl-Alt-Del--Sadly, I know people who closely resemble the main charachters...
4. Elftor--WARNING: May be offensive to anyone who is currently breathing. Still funny though.
5. El Goonish Shive--REALLY oddball stuff, but very well written. My current favorite.
6. Aikida--No, the main charachter did not just shoplift a pair of soccer balls.
7. Angels 2200--A bit more serious than the others, but it has its moments.
8. 8-Bit Theater--Do the Black Mage!
A word of advice: Be sure to read through a few comics before passing judgement on the strip as a whole.