Questions about what software to use to install a mail+http server system.
I am going to try to set up a system that serves for a few doamins the following features:
smtp server, imap,pop server( i had sendmail, but i may change. I kind of like qmail)
antivirus for the email manage the mail server.
Antispan for the email manage the mail server.
Software to make avaible to the users of the domain to set their accounts of mail and upload/download their http space with security for them and for the system that run the servers.
It will run on a pentium II 350 with 64 MB RAM but it could move to a pentium III 800 Mghz if its necesarry.
It must be free of cost.
What i need is, i have to manage the domain of a company. It means we were using web and mail service. We are about to change the web so it will be able to sell some productos by osCommerce (or another similar). There are two or three companies that could be interested in do the same so i may set my server to do it for them. None of them will requiere many users (from 4 to 15) and traffic.
I am a newbi Linux Administrator with some knowledge of network administration that wants to be a medium Linux administrator. I wont be able to spend more that two hours per week in its post configuration.
So after reaseaching the web i have seen two HOWTO of mail systems that could be relatibly easy to follow for me. They are:
Install the following software:
QMAIL + Vpopmail + courier-imap + Qmailadmin + MySql + Spamassassin + clamav + Squirrelmail + stats (Isoqlog, qms-analog, qmailanalog & qmail MRTG) under Linux
Install the folloing software:
1. Qmail itself - qmail, ucspi-tcp, daemontools w/enhanced logging.
2. John Simpson's massive qmail patch, which includes (among others) qmailqueue, smtp-auth and TLS smtp encryption.
3. EZmlm - A fast and easy to use mailing list manager that works through qmail.
4. Autoresponder - Enables auto-responder capabilities on your qmail server.
5. Vpopmail - Enables virtual e-mail hosting for multiple domains. Available with or without mysql integration.
6. Vqadmin - A web based interface to manage Vpopmail virtual domains on your qmail server.
7. Maildrop - A server-wide mail filtering tool.
8. Qmailadmin - A web based interface for managing vpopmail virtual e-mail accounts.
9. Courier-imap/imap-ssl - The popular IMAP/IMAP-SSL server.
10. Squirrelmail - A web based mail client with a boat load of cool plugins available.
11. Clam Antivirus - a virus scanner for all incoming e-mail. Tied in via qmail-scanner.
13. SpamAssassin - Tied in via Qmail-scanner. A server-wide SPAM filter.
14. qmail-scanner - The alternate queueing mechanism that allows for the use of Clam Anti-virus, Spamassassin and much more.
15. qms-analog - a patch for qmailscanner that allows for extra options as well as enhanced server stats.
16. qmailanalog - A qmail log analysis tool, made better by qms-analog. Analyzes qmail logs and then sends reports via e-mail.
17. q-trap - A domain level word based e-mail filter. The last line of defense against SPAM!
Summing up. I need adviste to guess if the software above is good enough for my needs and if anybody has follow this howto or another.
About the software needed to manage the web space i didnt find any. Is there in GPL?