Linux commercials on YouTube?
What do you guys think?
Is it smart, or pointless?
Considering no one can sucessfully "diss-down" Linux ever since Linspire came and fully tackled the MP3/DVD/Easyness issue, there's no chance of a rebuttle. But we can't make 'em stupid like those "get a mac" commercials. Those were horrible.
We need to get to the people, and show them why Linux (Ubuntu/openSUSE/PCLinuxOS/MEPIS for the newbies maybe?) is much better than windows, specificly windows vista. We need to show them the costs, what you can do with Linux, and THE FREEDOM AND FREENESS!
Maybe link them to http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net, or to another site, that would be called like pickalinux.org.
Your opinions would be great.
Hey, I'm all for promotion of Linux. It just has to be done smartly.
Yeah, not hard to mess stuff like this up.
But there's obvious points to make;
- No DRM & software-lockdown & other
- No viruses/spyware/adware, because of the system's organisation
- Freedom to support whoever (GNOME/KDE/XFCE/Flux, Ubuntu/SUSE/Gentoo, etc.)
- Hardware is almost always going to work, you just need to find the right distro
- Runs on old and new hardware
- Lots of apps that replace MS/Adobe stuff
- Feeling 1337 :)
But it can't be directly anti-MS. Ever. Offensive campaigns never work, or if they do work, they don't always give the intended results.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.|