I have a Toshiba A15-S129 laptop that no longer works. When I turn it on, it stays on anywhere from 1-5 minutes, then turns off as if the power was just lost. It seems as though I found a website with the solution, but I am not sure if it will fix the problem.
If you look at step 6, it says the problem is due to overheating. However, if the computer is overheating, could the CPU and motherboard have permanent damage? Would the problem be fixed by simply cleaning the heat sync?
I would appreciate anyone's help. I just want to try and avoid completely disassembling the notebook for nothing.