LinuxQuestions.org
View the Most Wanted LQ Wiki articles.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Non-*NIX Forums > General
User Name
Password
General This forum is for non-technical general discussion which can include both Linux and non-Linux topics. Have fun!

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
t3gah
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2004
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 734

Rep: Reputation: 30
Post i can remember when .. .... ... .. ... .. .


the word that sounds like "maul" and is what it says got another addition to the 'sound' except it's a place you hang out with friends, buy stuff and meet other people (mall).

then of course there's my favorite ... my brand is ritz, but no longer is the word associated with something to eat .. .. .... .. now "cracker" is a "malicious" person (according to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) or "skript kiddie" who "cracks", "intrudes", "destroys", etc.

i get chills thinking about eating the wrong thing now that my "ritz" is not just a palace in my mind but a "cookie bent on evil"!
 
Old 05-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
trickykid
Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,133

Rep: Reputation: 197Reputation: 197
There are plenty of words that sound alike but mean totally different things in the English language? I really fail to see your point or why you'd get chills thinking about words that you eat that might mean a malicious computer user.. etc.

Cracker can also be used to refer to us White Folks.. so are you scared when your eating your "ritz's" your actually eating a white person.. ?

Disclaimer: Yes I spoke of the word "cracker" in a racist and deragatory way to make a point and only a point. And I feel I am fully entitled to call a white person a cracker.. I'll even start by calling myself a cracker...

/me is a cracker..
/me is about as white as they come..
 
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 AM   #3
rksprst
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2004
Distribution: OS X 10.4
Posts: 172
Blog Entries: 1

Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by trickykid
There are plenty of words that sound alike but mean totally different things in the English language? I really fail to see your point or why you'd get chills thinking about words that you eat that might mean a malicious computer user.. etc.

Cracker can also be used to refer to us White Folks.. so are you scared when your eating your "ritz's" your actually eating a white person.. ?

Disclaimer: Yes I spoke of the word "cracker" in a racist and deragatory way to make a point and only a point. And I feel I am fully entitled to call a white person a cracker.. I'll even start by calling myself a cracker...

/me is a cracker..
/me is about as white as they come..
I second that
 
Old 05-06-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
alred
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2005
Location: singapore
Distribution: puppy and Ubuntu and ... erh ... redhat(sort of) :( ... + the venerable bsd and solaris ^_^
Posts: 658
Blog Entries: 8

Rep: Reputation: 31
hmm ..... you look pinkish to a yellow one
BTW , i look yellowish to a pinkish one

so are you scared when your eating your "ritz's" your actually eating a pink person.. ?
hmm ... I fail to see my point either .........


Disclaimer: nothing ......
 
Old 05-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
masonm
Senior Member
 
Registered: Mar 2003
Location: Following the white rabbit
Distribution: Slackware64 13.37 Android 4.0
Posts: 2,248

Rep: Reputation: 46
I remember when forum posts had some purpose or made some sort of sense.

I think.

Maybe not.

Disclaimer: never mind.


They say the memory is the first thing to go.

I forget what's second.
 
Old 06-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #6
t3gah
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2004
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, ubuntu, Debian
Posts: 734

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally posted by masonm
I remember when forum posts had some purpose or made some sort of sense.

I think.

Maybe not.

Disclaimer: never mind.


They say the memory is the first thing to go.

I forget what's second.
rofl ... i forgot to check this thread for responses! ahahah, I be like you, mason!
 
Old 06-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Franklin
Senior Member
 
Registered: Oct 2002
Distribution: Slackware, WinXP, Windows 7
Posts: 1,253

Rep: Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally posted by t3gah
rofl ... i forgot to check this thread for responses!
So, what you are saying then is that you start stupid-ass threads and not only do you not care what people say in response, but you have no interest in whether on not people respond at all...

I'm thinking of a word now. It doesn't sound like "maul" though. I think it sounds more like "trucking squidiot"

Last edited by Franklin; 06-01-2005 at 07:15 PM.
 
Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
trickykid
Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,133

Rep: Reputation: 197Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally posted by Franklin
So, what you are saying then is that you start stupid-ass threads and not only do you not care what people say in response, but you have no interest in whether on not people respond at all...

I'm thinking of a word now. It doesn't sound like "maul" though. I think it sounds more like "trucking squidiot"
Alright, don't let this get personal please..
 
Old 06-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #9
Franklin
Senior Member
 
Registered: Oct 2002
Distribution: Slackware, WinXP, Windows 7
Posts: 1,253

Rep: Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally posted by trickykid
Alright, don't let this get personal please..
Sure, spoil my fun....

Anyways, theres lots of things that sound like that
 
Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #10
trickykid
Guru
 
Registered: Jan 2001
Posts: 24,133

Rep: Reputation: 197Reputation: 197
Quote:
Originally posted by Franklin
Sure, spoil my fun....
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun either but we just don't want anyone coming back and crying cause someone said their threads were stupid, well, I never said I didn't disagree with you.. but we'll just keep it as that..
 
Old 06-01-2005, 07:58 PM   #11
twilli227
Member
 
Registered: May 2003
Location: S.W. Ohio
Distribution: Ubuntu, OS X
Posts: 760

Rep: Reputation: 30
Quote:
I'm thinking of a word now. It doesn't sound like "maul" though. I think it sounds more like "trucking squidiot"
Quote:
Anyways, theres lots of things that sound like that
Go ahead and give me your best shot.
Sorry trickykid, it just sounds so interesting.
 
Old 06-01-2005, 08:10 PM   #12
Franklin
Senior Member
 
Registered: Oct 2002
Distribution: Slackware, WinXP, Windows 7
Posts: 1,253

Rep: Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally posted by twilli227
Go ahead and give me your best shot.
Sorry trickykid, it just sounds so interesting.
Oh dear ....

Squidiot is a bit tough....
If someone is bad with cash in England, would they be a quidiot?

 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't quite remember... oldstinkyfish Linux - Software 4 06-12-2005 02:42 PM
Can't remember what the name of the game was, help! OtakuMark Linux - Games 8 08-25-2004 04:53 PM
@#$@# I can't remember odious1 Linux - General 1 10-29-2003 09:27 AM
for those of you that remember--- paladins_r_1 Linux - Newbie 2 10-05-2003 07:26 PM
How do you remember? violaten General 8 08-02-2003 11:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration