Firefox Speed Boost (broadband)
i first did this with windows and to tell you the truth dont know if it works with Linux as iv not tried it yet.
there is one for dialup somewhere, just google for it
1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.
2. Alter the entries as follows: (by double clicking them)
Set "network.http.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.proxy.pipelining" to "true"
Set "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once. (I changed mine to 100, works great.)
3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it "nglayout.initialpaint.delay" and set its value to "0". This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves
want more speed?
1. Type about:config into the URL bar & ENTER
2. In the filter bar, enter turbo
3. "browser.turbo.enabled" should appear. Double click to enable it.
4. Restart browser