LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   General (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/)
-   -   Could Tux Droid (robot) have legs and webcam? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/could-tux-droid-robot-have-legs-and-webcam-4175468354/)

Xeratul 07-03-2013 10:24 AM

Could Tux Droid (robot) have legs and webcam?
 
Hello,

The version of Tux Droid pretty nice since it our Penguin.

Here a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbzyBEeShEk

Skype is awesome on Tux Droid.

It could be excellent to use it as we can already do with Spykee the robot.

Here how Spykee can be controlled easily, i.e. piloted to move.


For Spykee, I have coded in C a way to pilot it (wheel moves, and sounds), but it would be better to have a Tux Droid with legs or wheels for home patrolling, in other words patrolling at home over SSH (-X) ;)

Regards,
Tux For All!

Kustom42 07-03-2013 04:02 PM

I would buy a Tux Droid right now if someone could post a link to where one is available. Would love to have one of these around to play with and see what I can make it do heh.

Xeratul 07-03-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kustom42 (Post 4983709)
I would buy a Tux Droid right now if someone could post a link to where one is available. Would love to have one of these around to play with and see what I can make it do heh.

The cheapest I could see few weeks ago was of about 80 (eu).

Irc might give you better links:
http://tux-droid.eu/
IRC sur #tuxdroid

Kustom42 07-03-2013 04:27 PM

Thanks for the link, that showed up in my search results but since I only read/write English couldnt really tell if it was what I was looking for and too lazy to translate.

Xeratul 07-04-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kustom42 (Post 4983732)
Thanks for the link, that showed up in my search results but since I only read/write English couldnt really tell if it was what I was looking for and too lazy to translate.

It seems that authorship of it quite connected to France.

I find it completely un-useful. It distracts you while you are focused (a Toy only)

If it had some functions such as movments for monitoring an house that might be eventually interesting....

T.Boyle 07-09-2013 07:42 AM

I want one with red eyes if possible then I can say I have a possessed tux droid...

jamison20000e 07-09-2013 05:03 PM

nice

Xeratul 07-11-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.Boyle (Post 4986913)
I want one with red eyes if possible then I can say I have a possessed tux droid...

Or ... Tux droid saying I am possessed by Linux ;)

T.Boyle 07-11-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xeratul (Post 4988198)
Or ... Tux droid saying I am possessed by Linux ;)

No. I have it say "Linux Rules and windows Sucks!" :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.