How to mount NTFS partition from Fedora 10 Rescue Mode/Disk
Background for the problem:
A. I have partitioned my WinXP LTop into:
--- WinXP NTFS partition
--- a vfat partition (mounted onto /fat32)
--- Installed F10 on ext3 virtual partition
B. I do not want install grub-loader in the Master Boot Record (that would loose my WinXP boot-loader for ever)
C. I have installed grub boot loader in the First Boot Sector
D. Now I have to boot using Rescue Mode, do:
1. dd if=/dev/sda2 of=/fat32/linux.bin bs=512 count=1
2. mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /ntfs
3. cp /fat32/linux.bin /ntfs
4. modify /ntfs/c/boot.ini and introduce the statement 'c:\linux.bin="Linux"'
Im not able to do step D.2 above.
** after booting linux using the Rescue Mode:
sh-3.2# chroot /mnt/sysimage
sh-3.2# uname -r
sh-3.2# mount -f ntfs /dev/sda1 /ntfs
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/126.96.36.199-117.fc10.i586/modules.dep: No such file or directory
ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root
* The rescue mode boots into i586 based kernel (I dont know what is the actual difference between i586 and i686 - will really appreciate if anyone can educate me about it).
* The installation is only a i686 image and consequently there is *only* '/lib/modules/188.8.131.52-117.fc10.i686' dir and *no* other dir. There is no dir as xxxx.fc10.i586.
* I PLEASE NEED IMMEDIATE HELP. I HAVE TO GET AROUND THIS LAST WEEK NOT EVEN YESTERDAY!!! So please... help me out quick.