Unable to open firefox from evolution - always opens Mozilla
I am running Fedora Core 2, and I would like the following behaviour:
1. Clicking on a link in Evolution should open up Firefox, if Firefox is already up, and Mozilla, if not.
I realize that this is the default behaviour, and until FC2, it was working fine. But, now, all links open ONLY Mozilla, regardless of whether Firefox is up or not. My default browser is set up as Mozilla. There have been a number of suggestions in the posts (which I state below), but have not worked.
I have tried the following:
1. Replaced /usr/bin/mozilla with a link to firefox. When I do that, it opens firefox but expects another profile, as the default is already in use. Creating a new profile for each link is probably not wise :-)
2. Created a shell script that opens up Firefox, but the browser opens up empty. The script is:
$FIREFOX_PATH/firefox -remote "openURL($@, new-tab)" || exec $FIREFOX_PATH/firefox "$@";
3. Changed Gnome preferences to point to Firefox, as /usr/local/firefox/firefox %s, but again, every click asks for a different profile.
4. If Firefox is up, and I type Mozilla in my shell, it should really open up another instance of firefox. But, for me, it really opens up Mozilla, rather than Firefox. I am running Mozilla 1.6, and Firefox 0.9.
How do I restore the default behaviour. That is, if firefox is up, mozilla should open up another instance of firefox, and not mozilla.