When I try to install FC5 on my system, it hangs when doing the dependency check.
Here's what I did:
1. I downloaded the iso images from Fedora project (ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/fedora.red...e/5/i386/iso/)
2. I verified the downloaded images with sha1sum and they were all ok.
3. I burned them with NERO.
4. I boot up using CD#1.
5. I ran a media check on all CDs... CD#1 and #5 were ok CDs#2,3 and 4 failed. I looked up the message on several forum and ran the mediacheck again adding option ide=nodma. All CDs passed the test.
6. I tried installing FC5 using ide=nodma --> the installation hanged when doing the dependency check.
7. I tried both the graphical and text mode and using these options: ide=nodma, acpi=off.
The system configuration is:
CPU P4 Intel 1.5Ghz
NVidia GeForce FX 5200
CD LG 52X IDE
HD Maxtor 10G
Now, I don't really know how to troubleshoot this problem since I don't have any error messages. Is it a hardware problem(CD)? Should I burn again CDs#2, 3 and 4?
I'm no expert at this, any help would be really appreciated.