LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Fedora (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/)
-   -   Some thing wrong with downloaded live cd (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/some-thing-wrong-with-downloaded-live-cd-784220/)

bhuvanbats 01-23-2010 10:56 AM

Some thing wrong with downloaded live cd
 
I have downloaded Fedora 12 live cds byusing torrent. It got downloaded perfectly showing no error, and also chekd hash. after that i burned the 1st cd and tried to install it on desktop..but after booting it from CD My dektop stuck with the "BOOT#" prompt..I dont see any instal option.. I tried to chek some commands but its not working..Is the problem is with Live CD or i am doing the wrong thing..

Thank You..

ozanbaba 01-24-2010 05:53 AM

maybe they got written wrong. it happens, it's normal. did you tell your cd writer program to check the written data? if not, always do it. it does not takes long , it saves you from headache.

cola 01-24-2010 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhuvanbats (Post 3837775)
I have downloaded Fedora 12 live cds byusing torrent. It got downloaded perfectly showing no error, and also chekd hash. after that i burned the 1st cd and tried to install it on desktop..but after booting it from CD My dektop stuck with the "BOOT#" prompt..I dont see any instal option.. I tried to chek some commands but its not working..Is the problem is with Live CD or i am doing the wrong thing..

Thank You..

Which cd have you downloaded?
Can you post the link?

What happens after hitting enter from boot# prompt?

bhuvanbats 01-24-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cola (Post 3838524)
Which cd have you downloaded?
Can you post the link?

What happens after hitting enter from boot# prompt?


I have downloaded it from fedora project link

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/tor...86-CDs.torrent

after hitting the enter key it simply retruns to the same prompt saying no command type error.

bhuvanbats 01-24-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozanbaba (Post 3838520)
maybe they got written wrong. it happens, it's normal. did you tell your cd writer program to check the written data? if not, always do it. it does not takes long , it saves you from headache.


Yes, I did cheking the written data. i have burned two CDs for the same one with Alcohol and another with Nero..Both the programs have given green signal for the same. i have downloaded the torrents from this link. after matching my configuration.

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/tor...86-CDs.torrent

After failing to install fedora 12 live cds i have downloaded fedora 10 bottable disk..and it's working fine.
But i want to know about live cds and fedora 12 so plz guide me through.

thank you.

EricTRA 01-25-2010 12:21 AM

Hello,

Where the downloaded files iso files and did you burn them as such? At what speed did you burn the CDs? In the past I've had similar problems with some downloaded CD images when they were burned at a high speed. Burning them at the lowest speed possible solved the problem for me. Some CD/DVD drives don't read 'home-burned' CDs well but most of the time burning at low speed gives better results.

Kind regards,

Eric


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.