I want to starup rsync as a daemon.
I tried "rsync --daemon", no error message but "ps" could not find it.
Here is what I do know.
1. /etc/xinetd.d/rsync does exist (I changed disble to = no)
2. /us/bin/rsync executable exists.
3. there is no entry in /etc/rc.d/init.d for rsync(d)
4. rsync(d).conf does not exist.
5. using latest redhat version of rsync (2.6.3)
6. kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3
Interestingly enough, I have rsync working fine on my windows machines, using cygwin. I am having troubles with Fedora!