Nvidia released new video drivers, ver 7174 today
Today (March 31, 2005) Nvidia released it's new video drivers version 7174.
To quote Nvidia:
Linux Display Driver - IA32
Operating System: Linux IA32
Release Date: March 31, 2005
* Fixed performance problem when using AGPGART.
* Fixed support for GeForce2 Integrated GPUs.
* Fixed a workstation graphics stability problem.
* Improved XRandR rotation support.
* Fixed installation problems on some Linux 2.6 kernels.
* Updated documentation
I installed these new drivers on two Fedora Core 3 computers, and they worked GREAT. I got into the console mode (runlevel 3) and un-installed the old Nvidia drivers, then installed the new ones as per Nvidia's instructions using
and it worked on both machines. I don't know what affect the old work around may have on this, chmod this, chown that, etc. but for me it worked great.
Last edited by Pudge; 03-31-2005 at 11:14 PM.