No sound from SigmaTel C-Major Audio on Fedora Core 4
hello again gurus,
need your help on getting my sound card to work. i don't know where to go to tweak things. i've read other threads which suggested to run commands and edit files. but they have different sound card though. here are my info:
1) i have fedora core 4. i just did "yum update" yesterday so it should be the latest.
2) i have a dual boot (fc4 and win xp). when i go to windows, i find that my sound card is SigmaTel C-Major Audio.
3) back to linux, i have gnome by the way, when i go to: applications -> sound & video -> volume control, i don't see anything muted. on the same application, if i go to file -> change device, i see:
0: Intel 82801DB-ICH4 (Alsa Mixer)
1: Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem (Alsa Mixer)
and 0 is marked.
4) when i go to: desktop -> preferences -> sounds, i see:
in general tab: enable sound server startup is checked.
in sound events tab: i selected a sound file but i can't hear any sound when i test play it.
in system bell tab: sound an audible bell is checked.
5) when i go to: desktop -> system settings -> soundcard detection, i see:
The following audio device was detected:
Model: Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller
when i click on test play sound, i did not hear a thing.
Closed, looks like an accidental double post to me.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.|