FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
Did you just place it in the directory or did you install it? I.e. did you follow the instructions in the INSTALL file? (This is one of the parts that I will be rewriting sooner or later, so you won't need to install this file in the future. But that rewrite might not be till a bit later.)
No, I installed it using the rpm. I removed it using my package manager, then went and got the tarball and installed it again. Now it's working.
I just hacked up your brilliant mlbviewer.py script to deal with gameday audio. I did just enough to make it work....away streams only.
One difference is that the text section of the JSON just has the radio station call letters.
Thank you so much for this, if only MLB would make it this easy to listen to the game! It'd be nice to have the ability to have home and away streams in the same script (though I'm not talented enough to do it), but it's plenty easy to run an "mlbaudiohome" script when I know the Cubbies are at home.
I don't want to speak for jkr, but he did say this back in his original post:
6. Because it's very preliminary, I wanted to give it to the baseball fans here to play around with and offer suggestions on, but I'd prefer if you didn't send it around all that much right now. If you make improvements, feel free to send those out, or back to me, but I don't want to be responsible for a wide circle of folks having to deal with any problems that might come out of this.
Maybe you can wait a few days, or until he gives the green light?
Oops. Yeah, I had it new-style (class Whatever(object)) and then changed it to oldstyle. Sorry about that. Just made the minor change online. Shouldn't be a problem anymore. Thanks for tracking the problem down.
Thanks for the thought, and no worries. On the whole, I would prefer if you waited until (a) I release the 0.1 version sometime this week, and (b) everyone here tests it and plays around with it a bit. I'd prefer to deal with suggestions like yours about the configuration or the above about the mistyped class name in this small circle if possible Also, there will be a slight change in the libraries.
When it's done and tested, though, by all means, repost.
I am also running debian and got the same error message.
Change the line from: class MLBSchedule():
To: class MLBSchedule:
and it should run OK.
When I looked up the python class definition, it does not show the use of () before the colon.
Hope this helps.
Got past this, but now I'm getting:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 358, in ?
File "curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 337, in mainloop
u = g.url()
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 221, in url
game_url = re.search(pattern, self.__getInfo()).groups()
File "./mlbviewer.py", line 198, in __getInfo
forms = ClientForm.ParseResponse(fp)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ClientForm.py", line 929, in ParseResponse
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ClientForm.py", line 959, in ParseFile
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sgmllib.py", line 95, in feed
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sgmllib.py", line 129, in goahead
k = self.parse_starttag(i)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sgmllib.py", line 283, in parse_starttag
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sgmllib.py", line 317, in finish_starttag
self.handle_starttag(tag, method, attrs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/sgmllib.py", line 357, in handle_starttag
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ClientForm.py", line 698, in do_input
raise ParseError("start of INPUT before start of FORM")
ClientForm.ParseError: start of INPUT before start of FORM
I replaced the ParseError() exception at line 698 of ClientForm.py with a return and commented out the "raise ParseError" line and now it's working great for me. I have no idea what the ramifications of this might be, but mlbviewer.py is perhaps the only python app I use (that I know of.)