LinuxQuestions.org
Support LQ: Use code LQ3 and save $3 on Domain Registration
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #4306
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I'm getting this for all live games:

Code:
ERROR: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '//p.ep57428.i.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint:300000'
Getting this in fms cloud response now, causing the issue:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<smil><head><meta base="rtmp://mlbsecurelivefs.fplive.net/mlbsecurelive-live/"/></head><body><switch><video src="rtmp" system-bitrate="//p.ep14286.i.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint:300000"/><video src="mlb_c61_s500@s2852" system-bitrate="500000"/><video src="mlb_c61_s800@s14095" system-bitrate="800000"/><video src="mlb_c61_s1200@s14117" system-bitrate="1200000"/><video src="mlb_c61_s1800@s13683" system-bitrate="1800000"/><video src="mlb_c61_s2400@s5874" system-bitrate="2400000"/></switch></body></smil>
Edit: Gah. Tried making a change to mlbMediaStream.py and got myself sign-on restricted from launching mlbplay 3 times.
Looks like their FMS cloud response is malformed. The system-bitrate should be 300000 and the video src should have that URL looking stuff. Not much I can do to fix the bug on their end. Which game is this? If I can get the same errored response, I might at least be able to toss out invalid <video> lines.

Nexdef streams should be working with mlbhls. It seems like the FMS streams need more spring training to find their swing.
 
Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #4307
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
Looks like their FMS cloud response is malformed. The system-bitrate should be 300000 and the video src should have that URL looking stuff. Not much I can do to fix the bug on their end. Which game is this? If I can get the same errored response, I might at least be able to toss out invalid <video> lines.

Nexdef streams should be working with mlbhls. It seems like the FMS streams need more spring training to find their swing.

All live games contain that in the response for me, I did manage to have it ignore the value, in a rather ugly way (I'm not a programmer, but it works :P)

As a side note, if we do end up actually seeing 3 Mbps RTMP streams (presumably 720p) this would be a great addition! Obviously we have 4500k 720p streams, but the inherent delay with HLS is a big turnoff for me, especially with all the social media we have, spoilers are a problem.

Just for kicks, this is the ugly change I made to make things work, heh:

Code:
        for elem in rsp.getElementsByTagName('video'):
            if 'EntryPoint' not in str(elem.getAttribute('system-bitrate')):
               speed = int(elem.getAttribute('system-bitrate'))/1000
               if int(self.speed) == int(speed):
                  #vid_src = elem.getAttribute('src').replace('mp4:','/')
                  vid_src = elem.getAttribute('src')
                  out = rtmp_base + vid_src + self.auth_chunk
        return out
 
Old 02-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #4308
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
All live games contain that in the response for me, I did manage to have it ignore the value, in a rather ugly way (I'm not a programmer, but it works :P)

As a side note, if we do end up actually seeing 3 Mbps RTMP streams (presumably 720p) this would be a great addition! Obviously we have 4500k 720p streams, but the inherent delay with HLS is a big turnoff for me, especially with all the social media we have, spoilers are a problem.

Just for kicks, this is the ugly change I made to make things work, heh:

Code:
        for elem in rsp.getElementsByTagName('video'):
            if 'EntryPoint' not in str(elem.getAttribute('system-bitrate')):
               speed = int(elem.getAttribute('system-bitrate'))/1000
               if int(self.speed) == int(speed):
                  #vid_src = elem.getAttribute('src').replace('mp4:','/')
                  vid_src = elem.getAttribute('src')
                  out = rtmp_base + vid_src + self.auth_chunk
        return out
No telling what regular season offering will actually be other than the marketing sheet we've all seen. We won't see it til late March anyway.

For now, I was able to reproduce that error and have a more elegant and generic fix for it checked into rev 588.
 
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #4309
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Also, it may be worth noting that the errored entry you are seeing is a 300K stream. 2400 is the max for FMS streams (for now.) You can get this automatically by setting speed=2400 in your config.
 
Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #4310
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
Also, it may be worth noting that the errored entry you are seeing is a 300K stream. 2400 is the max for FMS streams (for now.) You can get this automatically by setting speed=2400 in your config.
Yeah, noticed afterwards that it was 300 not 3000. oh well.

Thanks for the fix
 
Old 02-28-2014, 03:15 PM   #4311
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
EDIT: Disregard, seems to be working now...

Last edited by charlie460; 02-28-2014 at 08:17 PM.
 
Old 03-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #4312
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
EDIT: Disregard, seems to be working now...
What did I miss?
 
Old 03-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #4313
fang2415
Member
 
Registered: Jan 2007
Posts: 159

Rep: Reputation: 15
Getting setting up on a new machine, I tried applying that patch for mlbhls -F that I posted last August and hadn't realized until now what a PITA it is to have to paste the patch out of the comment text.

So I've attached it as a text file here if anybody wants it. thegryghost, if you see this it'd be awesome to get it into the main tree (assuming mlbhls will even work this season of course)!
Attached Files
File Type: txt F_start_on_key_diff.txt (1.3 KB, 18 views)
 
Old 03-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #4314
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
What did I miss?
I whipped up a little bare bones client that re-uses the same session key, and all cookies, they seem to last *at least* 48 hours, been using the same ones and doing successful media requests.

btw, is the email at the bottom of the README still correct to donate to you?

Last edited by charlie460; 03-01-2014 at 05:15 PM.
 
Old 03-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #4315
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
I whipped up a little bare bones client that re-uses the same session key, and all cookies, they seem to last *at least* 48 hours, been using the same ones and doing successful media requests.

btw, is the email at the bottom of the README still correct to donate to you?
Yes it is.

Also, care to share your client/revisions?
 
Old 03-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #4316
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
It's some really ugly PHP code. I just wanted some proof-of-concept to see how long the cookies/session key could be used, but I can pastebin it for you if you think it'd be useful.

Also, I found this fairly amusing. It looks like MLB.TV is using DirecTV receivers to feed some of the spring training broadcasts, instead of the usual backhaul feeds:

http://i.imgur.com/bdr6Fidl.png
 
Old 03-02-2014, 03:34 AM   #4317
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
It's some really ugly PHP code. I just wanted some proof-of-concept to see how long the cookies/session key could be used, but I can pastebin it for you if you think it'd be useful.

Also, I found this fairly amusing. It looks like MLB.TV is using DirecTV receivers to feed some of the spring training broadcasts, instead of the usual backhaul feeds:

http://i.imgur.com/bdr6Fidl.png
Yeah, I wouldn't mind looking at the PHP. It may give me some ideas on how to backport it back into mlbplay.

Also, doesn't surprise me that they are using DirecTV feeds as their regular networks don't really broadcast Spring Training games. I was watching the Twins game earlier today and it sounded like they were taking the radio feed for audio.
 
Old 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #4318
charlie460
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Aug 2011
Posts: 29

Rep: Reputation: Disabled
I'll send it over to you when I get home tonight.

As a side note, do you know of any way to force which CDN to use (i.e. Level3 over Akamai) in the media request?

I always have issues with games that have Akamai set as the primary CDN, but Level3 works well every time. I see there is an alternate smil for each game (just change 'aka' to 'lev3') -- but I need the correct auth parameters to actually make it work.
 
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #4319
djalmabm
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: São Paulo/SP - Brasil
Distribution: Debian sid
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
For me the highlights work for all teams except the Dodgers. In Dodgers games always shows the message "Could not fetch highlights". Anyone else have this problem?
 
Old 03-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #4320
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,745

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by djalmabm View Post
For me the highlights work for all teams except the Dodgers. In Dodgers games always shows the message "Could not fetch highlights". Anyone else have this problem?
Checked in a fix. I had pruned out "lan" as a teamcode for Dodgers not realizing I was using it as a lookup for highlights. Let me know if you see any other teams whose highlights don't work.
 
  


Reply

Tags
help, install, installation, instructions, seek, vlc, windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mlb.com gameday audio stream statmobile Linux - Newbie 6 05-06-2008 10:16 PM
link dies intermittently-seemingly at random- between win<->linux not linux<->linux?? takahaya Linux - Networking 10 03-09-2007 10:37 PM
triple boot linux/linux/linux No Windows involved toastermaker Linux - Newbie 12 03-02-2006 10:40 PM
Redhat (rhel v2.1) bootup problem with linux (linux vs linux-up) namgor Linux - Software 2 06-24-2004 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration