FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Still getting the same error. If I get a chance, I may put some work into it. But as deftcat and others have pointed out, MLB always makes changes just prior to regular season, so it's probably best to just wait and fight the one battle.
I think you need to renew your subscription. I got the exact same error until I tried watching using the conventional Mlb.com route. I was then asked for my debit card details (not surprising since mlb.com couldn't automatically bill my card because it expired last year). After I renewed my subscription, I'm now able to use mlbviewer to watch the Yankees/Redsox game.
By the way - has anyone else noticed significant improvement in the conventional flash method of viewing games compared with last years? No flickering, good frame rate - not bad at all...
Check your billing statements. I was double billed (presumably from using flash app and updating the credit card info they couldn't use the first time for auto-bill.) A call to MLB.TV's support line straightened it out pretty quickly, though.
I did have to go to the mlb site and renew my subscription and I also removed the cookies. However, still getting same error. It's raining, so I may get a chance to throw a few bricks at it today.
ftmu comes from the cookie. Can you access games from the website? If so, log out of the website (explicitly log out or login and logout if you have to.) Then remove the ~/.mlb/cookie file. These are separate cookies but maybe MLB.com believes you already have a valid cookie and doesn't want to give you another. Seriously, I'm just guessing here.
Times off by an hour? And you are already in Eastern Time? Weird. Eh, don't sweat it. The clocks are changing in a couple weeks. If it's still off by an hour, let me know.
This morning I launched mlbviewer and, unfortunately, times were still off by an hour (showing games starting at 2:05). My computer adjusted for DST correctly and shows me in the correct time zone (Eastern), so I'm not sure what is going on. It worked fine last season, but I did reformat and reinstall Ubuntu in the offseason, so I can't say for sure that it is the exact same setup.
Not a big deal since I know when games start and the lines of active games are bold and the statuses are correct, but I figured I'd report in now that DST has started.
Hey everyone - i installed the nexdef2010 branch from svn this morning. Everything is working well except on thing. Live streams above 500 speed literally render frame by frame .. super super super slow. The audio is fine, but the video output for 800,1200,1800 is almost like it is stopped - I can see the picture, but it is like frame .. 2 seconds ... new frame .. 2 seconds .. etc.
Is this some thing others have experienced and can explain, or is this a bug?
This only happens with live games. I can stream archived games at higher speed settings without any problem.
I am on ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 running python 2.6.5, mplayer from trunk as of 4/13/2011 and have a 10mbs cable connection.
Are there some technical documents posted anywhere explaining the protocols for accessing and retreiving schedules and streams from the mlb.tv servers ?
I'm thinking of developing an Android app for Gameday audio and possibly for streaming video as well. I know about MLB At Bat, but
this would be an educational exercise for myself, plus I would make it available for free.
I've checked out out mlbviewer from svn and am looking through it now. Any additional guidance would be appreciated.
I appologize if this has been cover many times in other posts, but searching through this forum seems to result in use and installation of mlbviewer only.
There are no published documents, but that is intentional. If they chose to do so, MLBAM could make it impossible (or extremely difficult) for mlbviewer to work. But they haven't done so, in large part because this project is "flying under the radar" and is not competing with any of their paid products. But serious competition with one of their revenue streams (such as a free At Bat-like app) might spur them to close the doors that make such a thing possible.
That said, there's no reason you couldn't work on your project for your own use, and maybe for a few Android-using friends (hint hint!). And I don't want to speak for him, but daftcat (the mlbviewer developer) is very friendly and helpful. I imagine he'd be willing to answer questions you might have.
I actually meant the output from mplayer itself while it's playing a game. You may have to change your video_player command to execute mplayer form within another terminal so you can capture the output. I think you can do that by adding "xterm -e" to the beginning of the line.
It would also help to know what version of mplayer you have. The version is printed at the beginning of the output of the raw mplayer command.