LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #2701
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumblejack View Post
I have no problem viewing the games through Firefox using the embedded flash player. I had the nextDef installed last year and running just fine. Now that MLB has upgraded the plugin, it wants me to upgrade. Has anyone found the new nextDef for Linux install? I have been checking forums but haven't found anything yet.
http://mlb.mlb.com/nexdef-jars/
 
Old 04-20-2010, 01:43 PM   #2702
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashley View Post
I set up mlbviewer yesterday with rtmpdump 2.2 and followed the other instructions in the REQUIREMENTS 2009 file and the mPlayer screen comes up and everything works but the actual game is displayed using the middle third of the mPlayer window. The players are a bit skinnier than they should be. Hey, I always heard TV adds 10 lbs!!

This is such a vast improvement over the choppy Flash that I feel guilty complaining at all. Maybe there is something I can easily do to change things. I've also noticed that the xterm displays subsequent wrapped lines after the game is selected, (credits and some debug stuff) starting halfway across the window. Perhaps these are related issues.

Thanks a lot for your effort.
What's your mplayer command (e.g. the video_player= line in your config)?

Also, paste the output of this:

Quote:
$ mplayer -vo help
Many of us use some form of "video_player=mplayer -vo xv -fs"
 
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #2703
bodly
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Distribution: Kubuntu
Posts: 24

Rep: Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRS8 View Post
I used mlbviewer on Ubuntu for the 2008 season when mlb.tv moved to silverlight, but last year when they moved back to flash I just used Firefox/Flash. I didn't actually realize that mlbviewer was updated to work for last season until a few days ago when I investigated whether it worked for this season (since all of a sudden Firefox/Flash has weird menus and text popping up over top of the video). I wish I had known that it worked last season, as it is a much better solution and I could have gotten high def!

Anyway, I've updated mlbviewer via svn and I now have 0.1alpha12 (revision 235). I edited my config file with my credentials (which I verified work via Firefox/Flash). Now when I run mlbviewer, I get an error saying that there is a problem parsing the listings page (when I run mlblistings.py I get the listings, though). I can't even get to the place where I can attempt to play the video.

Any advice? I'm using Ubuntu 9.10. Ideally I'd like to use vlc to play the video, but that's just nitpicking - first step is to get to the listings page.

Thank you so much for your work on mlbviewer!
Make sure you've got a /tmp/suds directory and that the user that runs mlbviewer can read and write to it.
 
Old 04-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #2704
rashley
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
What's your mplayer command (e.g. the video_player= line in your config)?

Also, paste the output of this:



Many of us use some form of "video_player=mplayer -vo xv -fs"


$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
x11 X11 ( XImage/Shm )
xover General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
fbdev Framebuffer Device
fbdev2 Framebuffer Device
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
directfb Direct Framebuffer Device
dfbmga DirectFB / Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550
xvidix X11 (VIDIX)
cvidix console VIDIX
null Null video output
mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
yuv4mpeg yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
png PNG file
jpeg JPEG file
tga Targa output
pnm PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
md5sum md5sum of each frame

The video_player line is;

video_player=mplayer -cache 2048 -really-quiet

When I used the line you provided above, I got no video at all, only audio.

Thanks again for your help.
 
Old 04-20-2010, 09:06 PM   #2705
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodly View Post
Make sure you've got a /tmp/suds directory and that the user that runs mlbviewer can read and write to it.
Suds isn't necessary for displaying the listings. If mlblistings.py works, I suspect it's the speed= setting isn't a valid speed for 2010.
 
Old 04-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #2706
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashley View Post
$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
x11 X11 ( XImage/Shm )
xover General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
fbdev Framebuffer Device
fbdev2 Framebuffer Device
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
directfb Direct Framebuffer Device
dfbmga DirectFB / Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550
xvidix X11 (VIDIX)
cvidix console VIDIX
null Null video output
mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
yuv4mpeg yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
png PNG file
jpeg JPEG file
tga Targa output
pnm PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
md5sum md5sum of each frame

The video_player line is;

video_player=mplayer -cache 2048 -really-quiet

When I used the line you provided above, I got no video at all, only audio.

Thanks again for your help.
I don't see xv in the list of video outputs and your test with my line confirms that.

Install the libxv-dev package and re-compile mplayer. Make sure xv is listed in the Enabled optional drivers section under Video output at the end of the ./configure step before typing make.

Quote:
Enabled optional drivers:
Input: dvdnav(internal) ftp pvr tv-v4l2 tv-v4l tv libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal) vcd dvb network
Codecs: xvid libavcodec(internal) qtx real xanim win32 faad2(internal) faac libdca libmpeg2(internal) liba52(external) mp3lib(internal) libtheora tremor(internal) libmad
Audio output: alsa oss v4l2 sdl mpegpes(dvb)
Video output: v4l2 sdl pnm jpeg matrixview opengl mpegpes(dvb) fbdev xvidix cvidix dga xv x11 xover yuv4mpeg md5sum tga
 
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 PM   #2707
djalmabm
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2009
Location: São Paulo/SP - Brasil
Distribution: Debian sid
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
Top plays is working fine for you? Pressing the "t" key I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1545, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "mlbviewer.py", line 405, in mainloop
+ len(coveragetoggle.get(cfg['coverage'])) + 2
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #2708
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by djalmabm View Post
Top plays is working fine for you? Pressing the "t" key I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1545, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "mlbviewer.py", line 405, in mainloop
+ len(coveragetoggle.get(cfg['coverage'])) + 2
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
Fixed and checked in.

Last edited by daftcat; 04-21-2010 at 01:11 AM.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #2709
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Revision 237: Top Plays fixed

Last year's highlights were 400K. This year there is no 400K. When I removed 400 from the valid speeds, the code to draw the status bar at the bottom of the screen broke. Changed the speed for top plays to 800 and we're back in business. Sorry about that.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #2710
CCRS8
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Location: Durham, NC, USA
Distribution: Ubuntu
Posts: 28

Rep: Reputation: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
Suds isn't necessary for displaying the listings. If mlblistings.py works, I suspect it's the speed= setting isn't a valid speed for 2010.
My speed setting is 800.

I think I know what is wrong. pyxml is not installed correctly, I believe. When I try to install it, either via setuptools or by downloading and building the source, I get dozens of gcc errors and a final failure message. suds and simplejson installed without issue, though. Pyxml probably plays a big part in parsing the listings, yes? Although mlblistings.py works, so maybe I'm wrong. Troubleshooting the gcc errors is probably beyond my ability, unfortunately.

Every time I run mlbviewer, the following is appended to my log file:
Code:
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
LIRC not initialized
Thinking there was a permission problem, I also ran mlbviewer.py using sudo, but same thing.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #2711
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRS8 View Post
My speed setting is 800.

I think I know what is wrong. pyxml is not installed correctly, I believe. When I try to install it, either via setuptools or by downloading and building the source, I get dozens of gcc errors and a final failure message. suds and simplejson installed without issue, though. Pyxml probably plays a big part in parsing the listings, yes? Although mlblistings.py works, so maybe I'm wrong. Troubleshooting the gcc errors is probably beyond my ability, unfortunately.

Every time I run mlbviewer, the following is appended to my log file:
Code:
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
WARNING:root:Could not connect to LIRC, retrying: (2, 'No such file or directory')
LIRC not initialized
Thinking there was a permission problem, I also ran mlbviewer.py using sudo, but same thing.
If mlblistings.py works, then pyxml is working.

Please add "debug=True" to your config file and run mlbviewer.py again.

Post the stack trace that it generates here for me to see where the parser is failing.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #2712
rashley
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
I don't see xv in the list of video outputs and your test with my line confirms that.

Install the libxv-dev package and re-compile mplayer. Make sure xv is listed in the Enabled optional drivers section under Video output at the end of the ./configure step before typing make.
Done. But

$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
xv X11/Xv
x11 X11 ( XImage/Shm )
xover General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
fbdev Framebuffer Device
fbdev2 Framebuffer Device
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
directfb Direct Framebuffer Device
dfbmga DirectFB / Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550
xvidix X11 (VIDIX)
cvidix console VIDIX
null Null video output
mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
yuv4mpeg yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
png PNG file
jpeg JPEG file
tga Targa output
pnm PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
md5sum md5sum of each frame

and

video_player=mplayer -xo xv -fs

and

Caught signal: 13, cleaning up, just a second...
ERROR: Download: Failed writing, exiting!

The mplayer window doesn't appear.

Thanks for your help as usual. I watched the narrow screen telecast of the Rangers and Red Sox last night. Skinny Francisco is even worse than normal Francisco. :-)
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #2713
rashley
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 6

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashley View Post
Done. But

$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
xv X11/Xv
x11 X11 ( XImage/Shm )
xover General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
fbdev Framebuffer Device
fbdev2 Framebuffer Device
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
directfb Direct Framebuffer Device
dfbmga DirectFB / Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550
xvidix X11 (VIDIX)
cvidix console VIDIX
null Null video output
mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
yuv4mpeg yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
png PNG file
jpeg JPEG file
tga Targa output
pnm PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
md5sum md5sum of each frame

and

video_player=mplayer -xo xv -fs

and

Caught signal: 13, cleaning up, just a second...
ERROR: Download: Failed writing, exiting!

The mplayer window doesn't appear.

Thanks for your help as usual. I watched the narrow screen telecast of the Rangers and Red Sox last night. Skinny Francisco is even worse than normal Francisco. :-)
I rebooted, reset my video_player line to mplayer -cache 2048 -really-quiet
and it works perfectly. No players are anorexic anymore. I anticipate better performance. Thanks for your help.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #2714
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashley View Post
Done. But

$ mplayer -vo help
MPlayer SVN-r31044-4.4.1 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
Available video output drivers:
xv X11/Xv
x11 X11 ( XImage/Shm )
xover General X11 driver for overlay capable video output drivers
fbdev Framebuffer Device
fbdev2 Framebuffer Device
v4l2 V4L2 MPEG Video Decoder Output
directfb Direct Framebuffer Device
dfbmga DirectFB / Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550
xvidix X11 (VIDIX)
cvidix console VIDIX
null Null video output
mpegpes MPEG-PES to DVB card
yuv4mpeg yuv4mpeg output for mjpegtools
png PNG file
jpeg JPEG file
tga Targa output
pnm PPM/PGM/PGMYUV file
md5sum md5sum of each frame

and
Nice! You have it now.

Quote:

video_player=mplayer -xo xv -fs
Ooops! That's supposed to be -vo not -xo.

Quote:
and

Caught signal: 13, cleaning up, just a second...
ERROR: Download: Failed writing, exiting!
Might have a stray file named xv now in your mlbviewer directory if mplayer interpreted the -o part of -xo. I don't exactly know what -xo would do because mplayer options are so many.


Quote:

The mplayer window doesn't appear.

Thanks for your help as usual. I watched the narrow screen telecast of the Rangers and Red Sox last night. Skinny Francisco is even worse than normal Francisco. :-)
I wonder if skinny Miguel Cabrera would do less damage than normal Migs.
 
Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #2715
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,766

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashley View Post
I rebooted, reset my video_player line to mplayer -cache 2048 -really-quiet
and it works perfectly. No players are anorexic anymore. I anticipate better performance. Thanks for your help.
Sweet! Please go back to skinny mode when the Rangers play the Royals.
 
  


Reply

Tags
help, install, installation, instructions, seek, vlc, windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mlb.com gameday audio stream statmobile Linux - Newbie 6 05-06-2008 10:16 PM
link dies intermittently-seemingly at random- between win<->linux not linux<->linux?? takahaya Linux - Networking 10 03-09-2007 10:37 PM
triple boot linux/linux/linux No Windows involved toastermaker Linux - Newbie 12 03-02-2006 10:40 PM
Redhat (rhel v2.1) bootup problem with linux (linux vs linux-up) namgor Linux - Software 2 06-24-2004 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration