LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Distributions > Fedora
User Name
Password
Fedora This forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #2671
mkomko
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 67

Rep: Reputation: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophile View Post
I was under the impression that archived games are only available in 800k. I could be wrong tho.
I definitely watched archived 1200k streams and even successfully tried archived 1800k streams the last week.

Last edited by mkomko; 04-15-2010 at 10:28 AM.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 01:54 PM   #2672
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,751

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwood View Post
Thanks to all of you for helping - it works now!
Yes!!! Play ball!
 
Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #2673
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,751

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by halobug View Post
I must be doing something really wrong with Boxee. I can't get anything to play on it and MLB always says "this game is not available"

is there an idiot's guide to explain how boxee works or how to set it up to make it play anything? preferably in 2 syllable words?
Try the boxee forums.

This forum is mainly for getting mlbviewer working. That said, there may be some generous people here who have boxee experience and willing to help.

Still, you'll probably getting more help with boxee in the boxee forums.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #2674
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,751

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkomko View Post
I have a question about archived games in different bitrates (non-NexDef):
It seems that not all bitrates are available for all games. Is that correct? Anyway, I noticed that the rtmpdump-calls are different for existing streams and non-existing streams. For existing streams the streaming starts immediately, for the others it tries but exits after two minutes without getting any data.

So I'm guessing it could be determined by mlbviewer if the stream is available in the selected bitrate or not?

If this is correct and you agree, maybe you could have mlbviewer respond with "game not available in that bitrate" instead of calling rtmpdump and nothing happening. Thanks in advance!
Or is there a different reason for all this?

Here are the two rtmpdump calls - I replaced my IP address with zeroes.

Existing stream:
Code:
rtmpdump -f "LNX 10,0,22,87" -o - -r "rtmp://cp65670.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mp4:secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4?aifp=v0004&auth=da.ahbPb4cGcmclcjaWblbDaIbmdmaOa7d4-blXXFp-O-CvlpAlDsDpmFJn-k7kbjgkfm7jdjimijdk3kjldl5l9lhjbk9kkj7k8m8j7&slist=secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_800K_400X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb" -y "mp4:secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4?aifp=v0004&auth=da.ahbPb4cGcmclcjaWblbDaIbmdmaOa7d4-blXXFp-O-CvlpAlDsDpmFJn-k7kbjgkfm7jdjimijdk3kjldl5l9lhjbk9kkj7k8m8j7&slist=secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_800K_400X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb" -a "ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp65670.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.6aifp=v0004&auth=da.ahbPb4cGcmclcjaWblbDaIbmdmaOa7d4-blXXFp-O-CvlpAlDsDpmFJn-k7kbjgkfm7jdjimijdk3kjldl5l9lhjbk9kkj7k8m8j7&slist=secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_800K_400X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb" -s http://mlb.mlb.com/flash/mediaplayer/v4/RC91/MediaPlayer4.swf?v=4 -t "http://212.247.20.28:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp65670.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.6aifp=v0004&auth=da.ahbPb4cGcmclcjaWblbDaIbmdmaOa7d4-blXXFp-O-CvlpAlDsDpmFJn-k7kbjgkfm7jdjimijdk3kjldl5l9lhjbk9kkj7k8m8j7&slist=secure/mlbam/2010/04/14/mlbtv_ananya_home_800k.mp4&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_800K_400X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb"
Non-existing stream:
Code:
rtmpdump -f "LNX 10,0,22,87" -o - -r "rtmp://cp65670.live.edgefcs.net/live/mlb_c39_s1800@s22192?aifp=v0006&auth=da.cJbqdDcfardBcKdmdMdcdydrcyd8bJbx-blXXEL-O-GorGJpAurrBlHt-mem4mgmkl9mdkekflbk8mmlgjamflem5mgmdm7mdlam7&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_1800K_800X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb" -y "mlb_c39_s1800@s22192?aifp=v0006&auth=da.cJbqdDcfardBcKdmdMdcdydrcyd8bJbx-blXXEL-O-GorGJpAurrBlHt-mem4mgmkl9mdkekflbk8mmlgjamflem5mgmdm7mdlam7&ct5=15-Apr-10&ct6=0.0.0.0&ct7=7424435:FLASH_1800K_800X448&ct8=1&ct1=mlb&ct3=7808471&ct4=mlb" -a "live?_fcs_vhost=cp65670.live.edgefcs.net&akmfv=1.6" -s http://mlb.mlb.com/flash/mediaplayer/v4/RC91/MediaPlayer4.swf?v=4 -d mlb_c39_s1800@s22192 -v

The assumption in the code is that if a url is returned, play ball. The problem is that for bitrates that aren't archived, the servers are returning the url of the live stream. This obviously won't work because there is nothing more to stream on the live stream.

I have received a patch for this but I won't get around to testing it until maybe next week. Leaving town this afternoon for the weekend.
 
1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #2675
mkomko
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 67

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
The assumption in the code is that if a url is returned, play ball. The problem is that for bitrates that aren't archived, the servers are returning the url of the live stream. This obviously won't work because there is nothing more to stream on the live stream.

I have received a patch for this but I won't get around to testing it until maybe next week. Leaving town this afternoon for the weekend.
Well cool, I can hardly wait
Enjoy your weekend and thanks in advance (also to the sender of the patch if it works)!
 
Old 04-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #2676
daftcat
mlbviewer Maintainer
 
Registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,751

Rep: Reputation: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkomko View Post
Well cool, I can hardly wait
Enjoy your weekend and thanks in advance (also to the sender of the patch if it works)!
I tested and checked in a temporary patch for this. It's temporary because the media state isn't checked until I've already requested the media stream. There is a better way to do this with the listings, but that's not a trivial change.

(Then again...I have nothing but time at the airport right now...)

Revision 235 will return "Requested stream not available" instead of starting rtmpdump with a live stream url for an archived game.

In general, the archives are available for 800 and 1200. The rest is a crap shoot.
 
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #2677
halobug
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 4

Rep: Reputation: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
Try the boxee forums.

This forum is mainly for getting mlbviewer working. That said, there may be some generous people here who have boxee experience and willing to help.

Still, you'll probably getting more help with boxee in the boxee forums.
too many tabs open. posted on wrong one trying to find solutions. Sorry. I'm still looking for solutions to pass to the hubby to fix the MLBviewer. It's frustrating. Thanks for all the work you do, daftcat!
 
Old 04-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #2678
mkomko
Member
 
Registered: Mar 2010
Posts: 67

Rep: Reputation: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftcat View Post
I tested and checked in a temporary patch for this. It's temporary because the media state isn't checked until I've already requested the media stream. There is a better way to do this with the listings, but that's not a trivial change.

(Then again...I have nothing but time at the airport right now...)

Revision 235 will return "Requested stream not available" instead of starting rtmpdump with a live stream url for an archived game.
Well, works fine for me, so thank you so much! Can you remind us how to donate? I don't want to look through the whole thread. That means a lifetime of mlbviewer-updates right?
 
Old 04-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #2679
poorboywilly
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 120

Rep: Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkomko View Post
Well, works fine for me, so thank you so much! Can you remind us how to donate? I don't want to look through the whole thread. That means a lifetime of mlbviewer-updates right?
There is a section in the mlbviewer README file about donations.
 
Old 04-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #2680
kaput
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2009
Posts: 11

Rep: Reputation: 0
No video

I'm getting a "(No video)" in the status section for all games tonight. Anyone else seeing this?
 
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM   #2681
poorboywilly
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 120

Rep: Reputation: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
I'm getting a "(No video)" in the status section for all games tonight. Anyone else seeing this?
Very few games tonight have the 1800k stream. Don't know why. Use the P key to cycle through and select another stream rate. The bottom right corner shows the currently selected stream rate. Most of them tonight do have the 1200k stream.
 
Old 04-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #2682
edouble312
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 107

Rep: Reputation: 16
crazy day around the league

jimenez no hits the bravos, and the cards and mets are knotted up at 1-1 in the TWENTIETH, which i'm listening to because it had the, uh, 4:00 pm afternoon blackout from fox.

unreal.
 
Old 04-17-2010, 11:22 PM   #2683
thegenix
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: 0
marc@marc-desktop:~/mlbviewer$ python mlbviewer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1508, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "mlbviewer.py", line 388, in mainloop
+ len(coveragetoggle.get(cfg['coverage'])) + 2
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'hd_available' referenced before assignment


Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm on 64-bit 10.04 Ubuntu.

Last edited by thegenix; 04-17-2010 at 11:26 PM.
 
Old 04-18-2010, 12:11 AM   #2684
edouble312
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2009
Posts: 107

Rep: Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenix View Post
marc@marc-desktop:~/mlbviewer$ python mlbviewer.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1508, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "mlbviewer.py", line 388, in mainloop
+ len(coveragetoggle.get(cfg['coverage'])) + 2
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'hd_available' referenced before assignment


Any ideas what's wrong?

I'm on 64-bit 10.04 Ubuntu.
just from searching this thread, I think thats what happens when something is unknown with the listings page.

have you tried loading it again in the last little while? sometimes when games go final theres parsing troubles but it usually resolves itself.

im sure others can help you more if its still not working
 
Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #2685
thegenix
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Apr 2010
Posts: 2

Rep: Reputation: 0
edouble you are right on that one, I tried right now and it worked and I saw the listings but now when I select a game I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1508, in <module>
curses.wrapper(mainloop, mycfg.data)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
File "mlbviewer.py", line 1159, in mainloop
stream = available[current_cursor][2][myteam]
IndexError: list index out of range
 
  


Reply

Tags
help, install, installation, instructions, seek, vlc, windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
mlb.com gameday audio stream statmobile Linux - Newbie 6 05-06-2008 10:16 PM
link dies intermittently-seemingly at random- between win<->linux not linux<->linux?? takahaya Linux - Networking 10 03-09-2007 10:37 PM
triple boot linux/linux/linux No Windows involved toastermaker Linux - Newbie 12 03-02-2006 10:40 PM
Redhat (rhel v2.1) bootup problem with linux (linux vs linux-up) namgor Linux - Software 2 06-24-2004 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration