HCL (Hardware Compatibility List) - Fedora Project Wiki
FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
* Desktops - Personal Computers (PC) or Desktops
* Laptops - Laptop or notebook computers
* Servers - Servers and super computers
* Virtual Machines - Virtual machines or software emulated computers
* Chipsets - Motherboard Chipsets
* CPU - Central Processing Units
* IO Controlers - I/O Controller Devices
* Multimedia Devices
--> o Digital Cameras
--> o FM Cards - FM or Radio Cards
--> o TV Cards - TV and TV+FM Cards
* Network Cards
--> o Wired - Wired Network Cards
--> o Wireless - Wireless Network Cards
* Sound Cards
* Storage Devices
--> o Hard Disks - PATA/IDE, SATA, USB and Fireware Hard Disks
--> o Compact Disks - PATA/IDE, SATA, USB and Fireware CD-ROM/CD-RW Disks
* Video Cards - Graphics Cards or Video Cards
* Syncing Devices - PDAs, MP3 Players, GSM Phones and other devices that can synchronize data with your computer
Resources (for project maintainers)
* Incoming Hardware Reports
* Doncho Gunchev's user page
* Philip Johnson's user page
* Draft HOWTO document for the Fedora HCL