LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Fedora (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/)
-   -   Fedora Core 9 update dbus.exception & dbus.proxies & DBus.Error.AccessDenied errors (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/fedora-core-9-update-dbus-exception-and-dbus-proxies-and-dbus-error-accessdenied-errors-689207/)

trien27 12-08-2008 09:22 PM

Fedora Core 9 update dbus.exception & dbus.proxies & DBus.Error.AccessDenied errors
 
I got this error message from PackageKit Update Applet after updating yum in Fedora Core 9 (Sulphur)

ERROR: dbus.proxies: Introspect error on :1.32:/org/freedesktop/PackageKit: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface “org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable” member error name “(unset)” destination “:1.32”)

Can someone please put the above error message into plain English?

After updating most of the files, packages, & libraries, another message popped up from the PackageKit Update Applet: Failed to reset client: Failed to reset get-updates

These error messages has been here for about 2-3 days whenever I log in, whether as a user or root. I thought updating yum would solve the problem, but the same error came up after updating yum.

Did I do something wrong?
Thank you

qajaq 12-08-2008 11:23 PM

I found two different fixes for this problem on the FedoraForum, and using both of them together appears to have worked for me.

The first is to edit (as root)
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.freedesktop.PackageKit.conf
by adding one line near the bottom. You'll find a line that reads:
Code:

<allow send_interface=org.freedesktop.PackageKit"/>
and you need to add, immediately after it, the following line:
Code:

<allow send_interface="org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction"/>
This change, by itself, stopped the error message, but the package manager still wasn't working. It would apparently go into an infinite loop, displaying neither results nor error message. The second fix is to edit (again, as root) the file
/etc/dbus-1/system.conf
Look for two lines (probably lines 57 and 58) which will initially read as follows:
Code:

<allow send_requested_reply="true" send_type="method_return"/>
<allow send_requested_reply="true" send_type="error"/>

Edit the top line by deleting everything between "true" and the />, so that the line reads
Code:

<allow send_requested_reply="true"/>
Then delete the entire 'send_type="error"' line.

(It would be a good idea to save copies of each of these files before making the changes, in case you need to revert to the originals for any reason. I saved them as org.freedesktop.PackageKit.Transaction.original and system.conf.original.)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.