Fedora 12 VMPlayer 3.0 Quit 1 sec after Launched
I'm using Fedora 12 (220.127.116.11-162.fc12.i686) on my notebook & have downloaded latest vmplayer (3.0). The installation was completed without error. However, when I launch VMPlayer (Applications->Systems Tools->VMPlayer), it launched (I could see vmplayer main screen) but quit almost immediately.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance.
- Prior to launching vmplayer check if the required modules for your kernel were built (vmmon and vmnet?),
- Launch vmplayer from a console window instead and see if it emits any error messages or warnings,
- Check the logfiles vmplayer creates for itself and or the guest?
1. Yes, it did ask to compile the required modules. I've entered the root password & it proceed with a dialog box showing the modules being compiled.
2. Below are the results from running in a console. I don't seems to see any errors but maybe there are?
I ran again & noticed it creates a log file at /tmp. Below are the details & there seems to have some errors. I don't understand the errors but could you advice me?
- You say you're running kernel version 18.104.22.168-162 but the LKMs built in reply #1 are for kernel version 22.214.171.124-166?
- Are there any errors in your /var/log/messages or /var/log/audit*?
I run VMware Server myself and I'm afraid I don't read anything in the segfault I can help with. I'd check for similar errors then post your log in the VMware Player forums at http://communities.vmware.com/commun...ew=discussions.
1. Oh, I'm sorry. I posted the wrong version (before the kernel update today). Just performed a uname -a, result is:
Linux localhost.localdomain 126.96.36.199-166.fc12.i686 #1 SMP Wed Dec 9 11:14:59 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
2. I looked into /var/log/messages and base on the time the vmplayer quit, below are the error messages. I still don't understand why it crashed. But you've got a point. I did searched the vmware forum earlier today but don't see similar problems but I'll posted it after this. As for the /var/log/audit/audit.log, there are a whole lot of info, may I know what I should be looking at?
Dec 11 16:33:22 localhost abrtd: Directory 'ccpp-1260520402-10174' creation detected
Dec 11 16:33:22 localhost abrtd: Lock file '/var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520402-10174.lock' is locked by process 10175
Dec 11 16:33:22 localhost abrt: saved core dump of pid 10174 to /var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520402-10174/coredump (28712960 bytes)
Dec 11 16:33:22 localhost abrtd: Executable doesn't belong to any package
Dec 11 16:33:22 localhost abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash, deleting
Dec 11 16:34:07 localhost abrtd: Directory 'ccpp-1260520447-10346' creation detected
Dec 11 16:34:07 localhost abrtd: Lock file '/var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520447-10346.lock' is locked by process 10347
Dec 11 16:34:07 localhost abrt: saved core dump of pid 10346 to /var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520447-10346/coredump (26046464 bytes)
Dec 11 16:34:08 localhost abrtd: Executable doesn't belong to any package
Dec 11 16:34:08 localhost abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash, deleting
Dec 11 16:39:00 localhost abrtd: Directory 'ccpp-1260520740-10516' creation detected
Dec 11 16:39:00 localhost abrtd: Lock file '/var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520740-10516.lock' is locked by process 10517
Dec 11 16:39:00 localhost abrt: saved core dump of pid 10516 to /var/cache/abrt/ccpp-1260520740-10516/coredump (26009600 bytes)
Dec 11 16:39:00 localhost abrtd: Executable doesn't belong to any package
Dec 11 16:39:00 localhost abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash, deleting
Linking to site with similar problems:
Found solution from http://communities.vmware.com/thread...0&tstart=0
Just remove the certificate & it worked!
"mv /usr/lib/vmware/resources/mozilla-root-certs.crt /usr/lib/vmware/resources/mozilla-root-certs.crt.old"
Thanks for posting back the solution!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.|