FC17 gnome 3: problem with typing same character repeatedly
on DELL Dimension E520
What can I try to solve the following keyboard problem:
Am able to type anything as fast as I want - as long as I do not hit the same key twice.
Eg. if I try to type "www", the 2nd and following "w" would be blocked and I would just hear a warn tone every time I hit 'w'. However, if I type very slowly, about half a second between every stroke, I face no problems. This is especially annoying for the BACKSPACE key, where I cannot quickly delete, let's say, 3 characters.
Continuously holding a key correctly starts the automatic repetition - no problem there.
- standard PS2 keyboard
- PS2 mouse
- PS2-based KVM switch
- combined PS2-to-USB adapter for keyboard and mouse
- no typing problem outside of the GUI (if I switch to text terminal)
- no typing problem on an older Linux box attached to same KVM switch
- no problem with the mouse
- no typing problem on older Linux on same machine previously
Any hints welcome! Thanks