FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I installed Daemon Tools. normally when you add a folder to /service, there is a supervise folder that gets created automatically.
Inside the supervise folder there are these files:
control lock ok status
This is what normally happens when in install deamon tools. But this installation didn't go like this. I have tried and tried again to reinstall, but I still cannot get the "supervise" folder to be created in the new folder I add to the server folder. nothing areas ..
[root@service]# mkdir newuser
[root@service]# cd newuser
Nothing. Nothing is there. Here is the last output from the install.... notice the last line
[root@package]# tar -xpf *.tar
tar: dtools.tar: Not found in archive
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
[root@package]# rm -rf *.tar
[root@package]# cd admin/daemontools-0.76
Linking ./src/* into ./compile...
Compiling everything in ./compile...
make: Nothing to be done for `default'.
Copying commands into ./command...
Creating symlink daemontools -> daemontools-0.76...
Making command links in /command...
Making compatibility links in /usr/local/bin...
/service exists. I assume that svscan is already running.