Cannot get transport for account 'local_mbox-transport'
Any help to find the right forum for this question would be greatly appreciated.
My goal is to find a way to transfer files (e.g. pictures, movies, etc.) easily on and off my wife's Ipad. I am not interested in Itunes, but noticed that setting up a mail account seemed a plausible way.
My thought: set up an email system on my Fedora box and use the Ipad's email client to be able to send to and retrieve from an email inbox on the Fedora box.
To belabor the explanation further, let's say I wanted to transfer a picture to the Ipad, I was thinking it would run something like this:
1) I open up Evolution on my Fedora box and send an email to myself myusername@localhost with an image attached.
2) I point the Ipad's email application to the myusername account on my Fedora box via the house's wifi.
3) I download the messages in the myusername account to the Ipad, and bang, I've got the image on the Ipad.
Similarly, to get files off the Ipad:
1) I can email myusername from the Ipad, attaching a picture my wife took using it.
2) I log into my account from my Fedora box and check my inbox, and there's the pictures.
I have no intention of this working for anything outside the house network, or interacting with any other mail servers, or transporting mail to the internet at large.
So my first step was to open up Evolution and send an email to myself, but I get:
An error occured while sending. How do you want to proceed?
The reported error was "Cannot get transport for account 'local_mbox-transport'".
My two questions are:
1) Is my plan even possible?
2) What's going on with this error?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.|