LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Fedora (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/)
-   -   Automatically load xmms player on boot (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/automatically-load-xmms-player-on-boot-445376/)

chobin 05-16-2006 11:17 AM

Automatically load xmms player on boot
 
Hi,
I use fedora core 4 and I need to automatically load xmms player on boot.
I tryed to insert a command line in:
/etc/rc5.d/S99local
but it doesn't work because xmms player should be loaded after user log in.
Thanks everyone for help.:)

rjwilmsi 05-16-2006 12:06 PM

If you use KDE see http://chemfacilities.chem.indiana.e...tware/168.html

kencaz 05-16-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chobin
Hi,
I use fedora core 4 and I need to automatically load xmms player on boot.
I tryed to insert a command line in:
/etc/rc5.d/S99local
but it doesn't work because xmms player should be loaded after user log in.
Thanks everyone for help.:)

That's right, It should not have worked because xmms needs X services to load.

I would create a small script

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xmms -p

and place the script in ~/.kde/Autostart

This will start xmms and play the current list.

KC

chobin 05-17-2006 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kencaz
That's right, It should not have worked because xmms needs X services to load.

I would create a small script

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/xmms -p

and place the script in ~/.kde/Autostart

This will start xmms and play the current list.

KC

ok,
at the moment I use GNOME interface, but if KDE will solve my problem I will change graphic interface.
Thanks

kencaz 05-17-2006 06:43 PM

I don't use gnome, however a quick search gave me this similar path for autostart as with KDE...

/usr/share/gnome/autostart

I don't think you have to change your DT... just find the autostart directory for gnome...

KC

chobin 05-19-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kencaz
I don't use gnome, however a quick search gave me this similar path for autostart as with KDE...

/usr/share/gnome/autostart

I don't think you have to change your DT... just find the autostart directory for gnome...

KC

yes I found it!!
Thanks very much for your help.:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.