ATI Rage 128 pro AIW still wont work
I have the newer revision of ATI Rage 128 pro All-in-wonder ( with Rage Theater200 ).
I tryed Mandrake 9.1, RedHat 9 and Fedora Core 1 - same problem: anything will get stuck in less then a minute.
Description of the problem:
- boot screen have problems ( Fedora : not all of graphics are on screen - just that blue bar and text )
- on logon screen mouse slows a littlebit
- on KDE ( or Gnome ) start, graphics from logon screen are still present
- affter KDE ( or Gnome ) start graphics from pevious screens are still on the screen
- cursor is now too slow
- no KDE menu until I get cursor over it
- at this point all stops responding, just reset on PC case helps ( even ctrl-alt-backspace wont help )
I have impresion that driver have a buffer who fills, and some command to clear it is missed . Symphtoms dont depend on specific command or event, but on how much events hapened.
If I go to other console ( ctrl-alt-F1) right affter logon ( graphical logon ) then I can work in console without problems, so bug is XFree related.
My only solution was to edit configuration to use VESA drivers ( by default there was r128 driver ).
Anyone have better solution?
..sorry for my English
Last edited by bobby100; 11-10-2003 at 07:24 AM.