FedoraThis forum is for the discussion of the Fedora Project.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I have the newer revision of ATI Rage 128 pro All-in-wonder ( with Rage Theater200 ).
I tryed Mandrake 9.1, RedHat 9 and Fedora Core 1 - same problem: anything will get stuck in less then a minute.
Description of the problem:
- boot screen have problems ( Fedora : not all of graphics are on screen - just that blue bar and text )
- on logon screen mouse slows a littlebit
- on KDE ( or Gnome ) start, graphics from logon screen are still present
- affter KDE ( or Gnome ) start graphics from pevious screens are still on the screen
- cursor is now too slow
- no KDE menu until I get cursor over it
- at this point all stops responding, just reset on PC case helps ( even ctrl-alt-backspace wont help )
I have impresion that driver have a buffer who fills, and some command to clear it is missed . Symphtoms dont depend on specific command or event, but on how much events hapened.
If I go to other console ( ctrl-alt-F1) right affter logon ( graphical logon ) then I can work in console without problems, so bug is XFree related.
My only solution was to edit configuration to use VESA drivers ( by default there was r128 driver ).