Dreamlinux 4 Beta now available
The Beta of the next version of Dreamlinux (Dreamlinux 4) is available at:
Here is a partial list of features:
- based on Debian testing (squeeze);
- Java and Mono runtimes, since several applications rely on these two platforms;
- kernel 184.108.40.206-dream-1, the latest configured.
- complete framework for compiling sources, debian packages etc.
- C/C++/Objective-C, Ruby, Python, Perl, Vala and Lua programming languages;
- Firefox 3.6.3;
- Brasero, for CD/DVD burning;
- SMPlayer media player;
- Geany Text Editor, good for everything, include programming;
- The Gimp 2.6.8, for image manipulation;
- Inkscape 0.47, for vector graphics;
- Smart Package Manager;
Several utilities, including:
- Calculator; Notes taking, pyNeighborhood, Screenshot, Xarchver, etc.
At the present time, there is only a text based installer as the GUI installer is being reworked for the final release.
We need feedback from you on this Beta. There already have been minor issues that are being fixed, so let us know what you think so we can make DL4 the best version yet.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.|