X won't start - Intel 845G chip - new testing install
DebianThis forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Hitachi 803 (older 21in high bandwidth CRT)
- xorg.conf is stripped version of what dpkg-reconfigure produced after testing upgrade, based on suggestions from debian-user member, the idea being to let X probe. And it seems to be okay, X does seem to probe accurately.
- specifies Driver "i810"
- specifies DefaultDepth 16
- loads "dri" and "glx" and has Section "DRI" Mode 0666
- has no monitor specs beyond Option "DPMS"
- has no SubSection "Display" stanzas in Section "Screen"
- "(EE)" errors from Xorg.0.log:
I810(0): V_BIOS address 0x80200 out of range
I810(0): VBE initialization failed
Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.