DebianThis forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I'm on Debian unstable with kernel 2.6.14 and KDE 3.5.1.
I know this thing has been discussed over and over lately but I didn't see anything like the problem I'm experiencing riht now with my USB card and the KDE & hal/dbus/udev system.
In fact, everything is almost working, i,e, when I plug my USB card, it appears in KDE system:/media and the correspondant kicker applet and there's a window poping up asking what application I want to run. The only problem is when I try to mount it, it gets mounted in /media/sda1, but I can't access it directly, since Konqueror/KDE is trying to find it in system:/media/sda1. Also, while it is mounted and I can access it just by going in /media/sda1, it is not reported as being mounted in system:/media.
The same problem happens when I try to access my Win XP partition, i.e., it is mounted in /media/hda1, but Konqueror/KDE tries to find it in system:/media/hda1, and it is not reported as being mounted in system:/media
I've tried it with AND without the following fstab entries:
You must be right, but I can't find the file you're pointing at in my home directory. In fact, there's no "virtual_folders" in my ~/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng.
Following your advice, I've tried to start over from a fresh new .kde folder, like if I was a new user. The same problem happened, which indicates that if it's a config option problem, it does not result from an upgrade from a previous KDE version, but from my KDE installation itself....