Debian PPC netinstall problem on PowerMAC G4
I am trying desperatly to install Debian Sarge on a PowerMAC G4 I have in my office. Here is the problem.
1. Powered it on.
2. Held the C key (after annoying mac noise)
3. Boots ok. Typed 'install' hit enter
4. It loads the kernel and goes through the boot routine.
5. Fails to find module usbkbd
6. Shows language selection screen
Now I have no interface devices, thanks to the failed modules, yet I am an inch from a successfull installation routine,
I have checked the source disk and it is fine.
Question: Is there a way to use MACs nifty Firewire external drive mode to install linux? That would rule if it is possible. This machine has no other way of connecting the keyboard and the whack-a-mole mouse but USB.