DebianThis forum is for the discussion of Debian Linux.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
If I understand this whole process, it's not the install that is the problem, it's the actual running of the client. Running setupwfc, as you suggest, seems to work fine. It's only when I try to run wfcmgr and actually use the client that I get the error msg regarding libXm.so.3.
In other threads devoted to this issue, users have succeeded by installing openmotif or by placing links in /usr/lib to libXm.so.3. None of that has worked for me. Am I missing something?
All I do to use Citrix is to log in to the Citrix server through my browser, which then gives me the presentation server window. I don't run anything other than my browser. This is exactly the same way I do it using Windows. If your company has a different way to do it, you need to see your IT folks.
Alas, I am 0.25 of our IT department. The boss wants to use the native client, not a web interface; I can't just tell him to man up and use the web. And, heck, there's got to be a way to make it work. I am in danger of losing any enthusiasm for open source that I've been able to nurture here...
The login was taking several minutes until I changed the connection setting from TCP/IP + HTTP to TCP/IP alone.
The only problem that remains is how to transfer files between the Eee and the server. When I run Win Explorer on the remote desktop from a Win PC, the client allows you to see "C$ on client" so you can move files back and forth. Is there some way to get the Linux citrix client to do that?
Once again, many thanks. The Eee is a great little device. Too bad this one has to talk to M$.
Hmmm... I hadn't noticed that, because I haven't needed to transfer any files since I got my Eee, and seldom do anyway. It seems Citrix isn't smart enough to decode the Unix-type file delimiters. That's the only explanation I can come up with right now. I don't see the local computer showing up, either, just the remote system. One thing that might solve your problems is using a Java client and server. Citrix does come with this, if you can find it. I haven't used it, but I've seen references to it, and have seen posts by people who are using the java client on their Linux and Mac machines. It requires installing something on the server end also, and I can't help you there. With a Java-based server and client, you should get the same results on any platform.